Chapter 55

Trigger Warnings: none 

Word Count: 1046

The next fitting caught up to him quickly. Logan sighs as Roman barges into his home yet again, yet again with a holder of coffees and a box of pastries, and yet again with Emile and Remy following behind him.

"Time to get some energy gays, because it's fitting time!" Roman yells, dropping the box and holder onto the counter. "I got you some blueberry scones Lo-gay!"

He sighs and picks up the coffee with that written on it. "Roman, if you weren't my fiancé's twin's almost-brother-in-law, I would have dumped your body down a mine shaft a long time ago."

"Love ya too nerd!" Roman says with a grin. "Though don't let our almost-related bond stop you, Remus is my twin and we nearly kill each other all the time!"

"Yes, I know," Logan sighs. "I've been your friend for years, I've seen most of your fights."

Luckily, they leave for the shop soon after that. Dice is standing at the front when they arrive, yelling at someone on the phone. "What do you mean 'there's nothing wrong with my order'?! It had five—FIVE!—sprigs of basil when I specifically stated that I wanted exactly three sprigs in my soup! And don't even talk to me about that waterlogged piece of garbage you call garlic bread! I wouldn't even feed that to a street dog I found in an alleyway, much less myself." He pauses, probably listening to the person on the line. His face morphs into a picture of outrage and Logan watches as he rips into the poor person who must be on the other line. "Be assured that I will never order from you again if this is how you treat your customers!" Dice yells, hanging up.

"You know what, we can come back later," Emile says, turning towards their car.

"And where do you four think you're going?" Dice yells.

"Shit."

"Get in here!" Dice orders them, Logan sighing and following Roman who practically drags Emile and Remy into the shop. "Go into the dressing room we were in last time, I'll get the outfit," he says, walking off somewhere.

They do just that, sitting down on the couches and awkwardly waiting for Dice to come back. "So..." Remy starts. "He's got issues."

"He has high standards that need to be met," Roman corrects. "He's a great guy!"

"He has control issues," Emile muses. "They seem pretty deep set so it's probably because of something in his childhood."

"Could we perhaps not psychoanalysis the man who is getting my outfit?" Logan asks. "He is unconventional and controlling, however he has proved to be a good designer with quality work."

"Awww thanks nerd," Dice says, sweeping into the room with a rolling mannequin under a white cloth. "As for you," he says, turning to and pointing at Emile, "it was something from my childhood, but good luck figuring it out. Now," he turns to Logan, snapping his fingers. "Roman, get the sheet for me."

"Bitch," Roman mutters, doing as he says.

"Yet you still go to me," Dice replies as the sheet is lifted. And all the air gets sucked out of Logan's lungs.

A sea blue button up shirt with a dark navy silk wrap around jacket overtop it, gold buttons on the cuffs and a tie knotted in the front for effect. Night sky blue fabric falls down from underneath the jacket, widening slightly into a bigger skirt, the end brushing gently with the floor. Gold stars and lines create a constellation map across the fabric, a thin dusting of glitter adding to the otherworldly effect.

It's beautiful, everything and more than he thought or dreamed it could be.

"Go on," Dice's voice nudges. "Try it on." Logan finds himself wheeling the mannequin into the changing room, gently taking the jacket off to discover that the shirt and skirt are actually one piece. He slowly unbuttons the shirt and pulls the whole thing off the mannequin, slipping into it after he undresses. The fabric glides over him like water, settling nicely onto his figure. He buttons the shirt up, adjusting the sleeves until they feel right. Then he reverently puts the jacket on, buttoning it up and knotting the aesthetic tie across his waist like it was on the mannequin. Finally, he turns to himself in the mirror, and it's like everything fits into place.

"This is perfect," he says, walking out into the open, the others' jaws dropping when they see him.

"I knew it would be," Dice says with a smile.

"Holy shit," Roman whispers. "Logan's hot."

"I think Patton might explode if he sees you in that," Remy stage whispers, holding up his phone.

"That's the one," Emile says. "It's gotta be."

~~~

"Wanna tell me why Remus was trying to convince me to let you become a stripper today?" Patton asks as he makes dinner.

Logan spits out his tea. "Remus said what?!"

Patton snickers as he hands his fiancé a towel. "So me, Remus, and Virgil were out visiting with wedding venues that Janus recommended when they got a text from Remy. I have no idea what they saw, but I overheard Virgil muttering like, eight different times that he doesn't know who you are anymore and Remus kept talking about how he forgot you're hot."

By the time Patton's done, Logan's a red, blushing mess. "Ah, so um, I was out to do my fitting today."

"Yeaaaah?"

"So, uh, I put the outfit on."

"Okay? Was it nice?"

"It was beautiful," Logan whispers. "I never knew it could be that beautiful."

"Ahhhh," Patton says. "I see. So you really liked it!"

"Yes, yes I did. And when I went out to show it off," Logan blushes more. "The others informed me how good it looked on me. And how comfortable I looked in it. Remy must have taken pictures and sent it to everyone..."

"Dang, now I want to it!" Patton pouts. "Well, if it's that pretty, then it's probably good to save it for the wedding, I can't wait to be blow away by you," he says, kissing Logan's cheek.

"And I cannot wait to see you in your outfit," Logan replies, reaching out and kissing Patton's lips.