Chapter 57

Trigger Warnings: mentioned potential throwing up, referenced sibling separation

Word Count: 1068

"I'm going to throw up," Virgil gasps, fist pressed to his mouth.

"I wish I could say I didn't feel the same," Janus growls, arms wrapped around his stomach in an attempt to do something against that. He wants to at least keep some of his dignity after all. "Why are they so sickening?"

"Because," Remus grumbles, "they're the cutest fucking couple out of our family."

"I have to agree with Remus on this," Remy mutters, lips pressed thin as he clutches his cup of Starbucks like a lifeline. "Ramen and Vee are the trope couple, Rem and Jan are the chaos couple, me and Emmy are the punk/pastel combo couple, and they are the sickeningly sweet one."

"Are me and Nico ever this bad?" Thomas asks, wincing.

"No, you two act like a normal new lovebirds," Roman reassures. "These two though, they never learned to be anything but disgustingly sweet. Like, I'm a hopeless romantic, but even I draw the line somewhere." Virgil nods in agreement.

"Guys, you do know this is only the dress rehearsal for the wedding right?" Emile calls out to the couple currently making everyone gagging.

"Hmm?" Patton asks, looking away from Logan, who he's been making goo goo eyes at for the past ten minutes, to the long sighs of everyone present. Sure, Janus loves seeing his brother so happy, but it's still sickening when they have to use every single cheesy line every thought up to swear to love each other. "What's up guys? We were just running through our vows!"

"Yeah, and getting everyone else sick along the way," Remus grumbles. "I normally like that, but right now it's just bad."

"Look babes, we love you and Logay, and we support y'all, but can you please tone down the sappiness for now?" Remy asks, sipping out a Starbucks container he definitely didn't have with him at the start of the rehearsal.

"Oh," Patton blinks at the gagging family and offers a guilty smile. "Sorry guys."

"It's alright Pat," Virgil says, "just don't go all out for a dress rehearsal, please?"

He laughs. "Will do kiddo."

~~~

"Two more days," Logan whispers to himself, typing away at his laptop. "Just two more days and then we'll be married and far away from here." They had decided on Iceland as their honeymoon, to enjoy the absolutely stunning natural formations of ice and land. And Patton had heard the natural heated pools were good for relieving stress, and he'd been meaning to hit up the many museums there, so it was a perfect place to explore for a month. Only downside was...

"Logan, are you sure you want me in charge while you're gone?" Logan's right hand person, the lawyer with the most experience in his firm besides himself, Katherine Lakyla asks.

Logan sighs. He knows she can do it, the fact that she's been in this business for so long and hasn't given up even though the odds have always been stacked against her is a testament of her ability alone. Only problem is, she doesn't think she should be in charge. "It's not that big of a deal Katherine," he insists. "You can contact my family if something comes up, and they can contact me or advise you well enough if you really need it, but I need someone to take over for the next month and you're the best candidate."

"But I'm good at law! I've never run a business before, much less a firm!"

"You are not going to have to do the taxes or pay roll or anything like that," Logan reminds her. "I just need you to be here to vet through cases we get, then accept or decline them based on if you believe we can handle the case and if it fits with our rules for cases. For all the ones you accept, you simply need to assign them to one of our lawyers. And then of course, is your regular work, but I do expect you to take less cases for yourself so as to not overwork."

"But-"

"But nothing," Logan snaps. "I'm sorry to put this on you Katherine, but I know you can do it. I have seen you go into court at seven in the morning with nothing but a coffee and stay there until nine at night to keep an innocent person from going to jail. You adopted twins just to keep them from being separated and grew a family from that. Now, can I count on you to do this for me?"

She blinks at him, then ducks her head and smiles. "Thanks boss," she huffs, raising her head to look at him. "I'll do my best."

"Thank you Katherine," he says genuinely. If she kept protesting then he may have given the job to someone else, but it seems she just needed a light push.

"Alright, well I'll leave you to your paperwork Logan," she says, walking out. Logan sighs. So much paperwork, just so he can get a month off with his to-be-husband.

It'll be worth it, he thinks before sighing once more and diving back into his stack of work.

~~~

Patton sighs, watching Logan type away at his laptop. He knows Logan needs to get the work done so they can go on their honeymoon, but it's stressing his fiancé out, which is never a good thing. "Alright, that's enough for now," he says, gently stopping Logan's flying fingers. "Save whatever you have, but it's time to take a step back and breath."

"But I only need to do a bit more," Logan protests as he saves his work.

"I know Logie, but this is stressing you out and our wedding's in two days," Patton reminds him. "You need to take a break so you're not burnt out on our wedding day. I love you, but I don't want to marry a toast man."

Logan groans at his pun, but is smiling when he shuts off his laptop and turns to face Patton. "You do remember my love for Crofters, do you not?"

"Of course I do," Patton giggles. "But I don't think you want to have toast, you're more the jam-ming type."

Another groan, but this time Logan's grinning as he looks at Patton. "I love you," he says, before kissing Patton.