Chapter 54

Trigger Warnings: doubts, worrying about others, Logan is an evening dress kind of guy and you can rip that out of my cold dead hands

Word Count: 1086

When Dice said they would be there for a while, Logan thought he meant an hour or two. By the end of round five, they had narrowed down ideas to three outfits and had spent seven hours in the store. Emile and Remy went out to get food for them at one point. Subway, not great but better than other options, from a health point of view.

"Alright threes," Dice says, Roman sputtering in the background, "we have the dark navy jacket with a light blue button up and black sash, the night sky with stars dress, and the blue ombre evening dress with a silk black jacket. Take a look at each, and start thinking how to combine them all into one ensemble. Ten out." He walks out the room.

"What kind of exit is that?" Logan asks, watching him leave.

"An insulting one," Roman grumbles. "Calling me a three, how dare he! I'm a pure bred ten!"

Remy rolls his eyes as Emile giggles. "Whatever you say three." Roman gasps loudly.

A fight's probably going to start, so Logan tunes them out and focuses instead on the three outfits in front of him.

First, his comfort suit. Dark navy jacket, silver buttons on the cuffs, a black silken sash laying over top a light blue button up with ribbing and silver buttons. It's fairly simple, clean cut, and in his colors. It feels the most natural for him.

Second, there's the night sky dress. It's a big layered skirt, with glittering sequins staggered throughout so it looks like the night sky, thin gold lines connecting the 'stars' on top to create constellations. It's beautiful, lines up perfectly with his love for the stars and also his proposal to Patton. But it is very much outside of his usual, which makes him hesitant to follow through.

Third, the evening gown, with the addition of the black silk jacket, to hide the absence of shoulder pieces. It starts off midnight blue at the top and slowly lightens until it's a baby blue at the slight train end. It's elegant, slim-fitting, exactly Logan's type. It feels similar to his usual, but as a dress. The only issue is that the jacket feels out of place, a thoughtless addition (though to be fair, it was).

And Dice wants him to combine them all.

Logan sighs. "I do not think I can do this."

"Nonsense!" Roman insists. "What's bugging ya?"

"I just, I can't combine these into one, it's not who I am," Logan sighs.

"As in you don't like this or you can't imagine them as one?" Emile asks.

"I can not envision them as one."

"Well then," Remy says, "let's start with the basics. Which part of each of those do you like the most?"

"The jacket and shirt of the first one, the constellations and color of the second one, and the elegance and style of the third one," Logan rattle off.

"Okay, and which parts don't you like?"

"I don't like the sash of the first one, the big skirt of the second, and the jacket of the third."

They all stare at the ensemble in thought. "Hey Logan?" Emile asks.

"Yes?"

"Do you like the ombré effect of the third or do you not care?"

"It's nice but I'm not sure it's right," Logan replies.

"Alright, so what if we do something like Roman's wedding dress, which the jacket and shirt of the first one being the top, then the bottom half is a skirt that's slim and elegant like the third one but is the same color as the second with the constellations all on that one layer?"

Logan blinks, spinning the mental image of the ensemble in his head. "I think that could work," he breathes.

"Did we just find your wedding outfit??" Roman gasps.

"I think we did!" Logan says, grin spreading across his face.

"Well congratulations, that wasn't so hard now was it?" Dice asks from the doorway. "I'll have the first fitting ready for you sometime in the next two weeks alright? Bother my assistant if you need to reschedule or whatever."

"Thank you Dice," Logan says.

"Yeah yeah, whatever, just get out of here."

~~~

"So how was it?" Patton asks, sitting on the couch when Logan comes home.

"It was long," he says, slipping off his shoes. "I'm changing into pajamas so I don't have to change again."

He can hear Patton's laugh ring out as he heads to their room. "So did ya like it?" Patton calls out as he changes into some sweatpants and a NASA t-shirt.

"It wasn't awful but I do not wish to go through that more than I already have to," Logan decides, walking out of the room. "How was Janus' appointment and your fitting?"

Patton hums happily as he sits down next to him, pulling the blanket over so they can share. "It was good, Dee still needs to rest and not overwork himself but everything's healing nicely. He's already re-planning his wedding if you can believe it."

Logan chuckles. "I believe it, he always is three steps ahead. And your fitting?"

"Oh! It went really well, I like how it's all pulling together! Janus thinks I should be more, um..." he bites his lip, "how do I put this without blowing the whole secret? He thinks I should be more out there, go big or go home."

"Love, if you are not comfortable 'going big', you do not have to. It's alright to stay in your comfort zone."

"No no, it's alright. I'm not not okay with it, I just don't know if it's something I'd wear."

"Well, I am going a bit 'out there' with my own, but it is still something I think I will enjoy wearing and is still very much me, as you say."

"But what if-"

"If you do not wish to wear it, then do not. If you are worried about what others will say, ignore that. This is our wedding, your decision. Wear whatever you want to wear, because the day is about you, and me, and how much we love each other. You deserve to dress how you wish, to be comfortable."

Patton hugs him tightly. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," Logan whispers back, hugging him just as tightly.