Chapter 13

Trigger Warnings: mentioned domestic and child abuse, insults.

Word Count: 1567

"Hey Lo?" Patton asks quietly. 

"Yes dearest?" Logan turns away from the Pixar movie on their TV to his boyfriend who is curled up into his side and covered in blankets.

"We're gonna be okay right?"

"Going to and yes of course we are. Why wouldn't we?"

"Because if they go through our files they'll find the court cases..."

Patton looks ready to cry so Logan hugs him tightly. "Shh, it's going to be just fine," he soothes while threading his fingers through his boyfriend's hair. "I'm sure they won't be that extreme. This'll all blow over in a week and then they'll be fixed on some new scandal, okay? There's nothing to be worried about."

"Alright, if you say so Lo."

~~~

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep 

Beep 

Beep

BEEP

Patton flails around and smacks the alarm until it stops screaming at him. He sits up, slipping his glasses on. Logan walks in with two cups of coffee, handing one to Patton. 

They sip it together in bed, Patton cuddling up to Logan while Logan checks his emails and notifications. It's like this every morning but Patton revels in it more than usual, remembering how much it took to get them to here and now.

All too soon they have to leave the comfort of their warm bed for food and then work. Patton notices the time and, knowing how attached to work Logan can get, is the first one to get up and head to the kitchen. Logan follows his boyfriend with his laptop, to get just one more email sent off before breakfast. 

The bubbly one hums happily as he makes up some toast and eggs, setting up Crofters on the table. His more serious counter-part smiles at the domestic scene in front of him. Sunlight is peeping through the blinds and plants, framing angelic Patton in its golden light, his humming making it even more perfect. Of course, scientifically speaking, perfect is logically impossible. However, this, sitting at the table finishing emails and sipping coffee with his humming boyfriend making breakfast for the both of them, the sunlight filtering into the cozy room, is. It's all the perfection Logan will ever want and need.

They eat, laptop closed, the two just smiling and talking, safe in their love. 

After breakfast, Logan loads the dishwasher and they get ready for work. Patton slips on his normal light blue polo, light tan and ties the grey cardigan Logan gave a couple years ago around his neck. Logan puts on a black polo shirt and navy blue dress pants, tying a striped dark blue-slightly lighter blue tie around his neck. 

"You have your phone and laptop?" 

Patton hold both up in confirmation. "Yep! You have your charger?" 

Logan digs through his computer bag and finds it. "Files?"

"Check!"

"Then I believe we are ready to go our separate ways." They share a kiss before sliding into the driver's seat of their cars. Patton heads to the social worker center while Logan goes to his office near the courthouse.