Chapter 58

Trigger Warnings: fear of the unknown

Word Count: 1079

His wedding day, the day he marries Patton, and Logan thinks he might faint.

"If you faint on me," Roman says, reading his mind, "I might just slap you." Logan rolls his eyes, though since Roman's standing behind him, arranging the skirt so it fits just right.

"As if you didn't feel the same way when you married Virgil!" he snaps, fidgeting with his fingers. "I feel like I'm going to die." His stomach's turning and he can feel his pulse running high, its beat drumming out in his veins.

"No one's dying on me today!" Remus yells, bursting and throwing a rubik's cube at Logan, who fumbles a little but manages to catch it. "Solve that for me nerd while I grab the therapist." He doesn't leave Logan any room for argument, running right back out of the door he came in through, Roman chuckling at his twin.

Logan sighs but instinctively begins solving the cube, a rounded edge 5 by 5 cube. Not difficult to solve, but it does give him a challenge to focus on, or, more accurately, a distraction. As he solves the cube, moving pieces around as the moves he needs to make fly across his mind, he can feel his breathing and stomach calming, pulse no longer beating through his body like a second heartbeat. By the time he finishes it, he feels more at ease, no longer about to vomit up his breakfast, a piece of toast with crofters plus a travel cup of yogurt and mug of coffee.

"Feeling better Specs?" Roman asks softly,

"Yes, thank you," Logan replies. "I suppose Remus is still out finding Emile, though it might be easier to simply look for Remy as wherever he is, Emile will probably be."

Roman laughs. "Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if-"

"I got the therapist!" Remus yells, pulling Emile in behind him. Emile blinks at them in surprise, a small plate of crackers, meat, cheese, and a couple strawberries in hand.

"Remus," Roman hisses, "did you just take Emile?!"

Remus snorts. "Uh, duh? We have stuff to do and he was flirting with his husband like a nerd."

Emile clears his throat, making the twins look over at him. "I was not flirting with Remy, we were just snacking together before the ceremony."

"Oh surrrrrre," Remus drawls. "And you definitely weren't hand feeding him a cracker sandwich."

"Remus!" Emile hisses, blushing.

"Whatever, not important," Remus decides. "Logay's nervous so I thought we, as two married dudes and one regular guy, could help him."

"Okay then," Emile says, shaking his head with a smile. "Well, Logan, why are you feeling nervous?"

"Realistically I know this won't change much between myself and Patton," Logan says, trying to put his worries into words, "but... it feels like it will. I love Patton, and I don't want to not marry him, but I'm... scared."

Emile nods sympathetically. "Many are, when doing something this big. Is there anything specific that you can think of that's causing this fear?"

"I guess... the fact that this may change something."

"What do you mean by 'something'?"

"I don't know, something, anything, our whole relationship?" Logan runs a hand through his hair. "I'm not sure why, I know we act like a couple all the time already, we've lived together for years now, have been together since what feels like forever, have done so much together, yet I feel like if we get married, that might change."

Emiel nods. "Change is difficult. Rationally, you know nothing much will change, yet you're still scared. But, think about it tis way: Patton will be with you through it all, just like you will be for him, just like you two have always been for years. If things change, you'll have each other as always to go through it together."

"And it's not just you two," Roman points out. "We're here for you too."

"Yeah! We're a family," Remus chimes in, "and family sticks together!"

"Thank you," Logan whispers, tugging them into a hug. "It means a lot to me."

"We know," one of them whispers back.

~~~

"Hey so you guys-" Thomas cuts himself off when he enters the room, Patton sobbing into his twin's arms while Virgil holds out a tissue box and Remy furiously writes something on a piece of paper. "Uh, guys?"

"Janus had the bright idea of saying sappy and now Patton's crying," Virgil says, not looking up from his phone. "And Remy's revising his speech for the third time today. Where's your boyfriend?"

"Nico's out talking with Joan and Talyn," Thomas replies, still taking in the scene in front of him. "I came here to do the video but I'm getting the feeling I might want to start with Logan instead."

"Yeah probably," Virgil agrees. "Come back in twenty minutes, I think Jay's got this."

"Alight then," Thomas says, leaving and closing the door behind him. He checks the time as he heads towards Logan's room, an hour left until the wedding needs to start. Twenty minutes to get Logan's video done, then twenty minutes for Patton, which should leave enough time to get both into position, if things work out. "But when does that ever happen with us?" he laughs quietly. He opens Logan's door, hoping that he'll be okay. "Well, at least you're not crying," he says out loud.

"Is Patton crying?!" Logan asks, Roman and Remus pausing with makeup brushes in hand, Emile straightening a crease in Logan's jacket.

"Happy tears, happy tears," Thomas reassures. "I went in to get his video but uh, was persuaded to come to you first."

"Oh, well come on in, the twins are almost done." Thomas nods, closing the door behind him.

"More like we're almost ready to tape your mouth shut, then yeah," Remus mutters.

"Seriously Logan, stay still for two more minutes!" Roman huffs, setting down his brush in favor of a comb. "Also you messed up the nice gelled look you had, so yes I am going to re-gel it, and no you don't get to say no because you looked fabulous and we aren't cutting corners here!"

"As if you could ever skip corners Ro," Emile giggles, stepping back to admire the look. "I think we're all good on this side. Remus, how's he looking?"

"Makeup is done and this nerd os ready for his video!" Remus replies, packing up his makeup equipment.