Chapter 33

Trigger Warning: sexual acts but absolutely no sex or heavily sexual stuff, swearing, drinking, mention of murder, mention of blowing people up, jail.

Word Count: 1031

It's quiet for a bit, and Patton worries he was wrong in telling Thomas.

"That's a lot to take in," Thomas finally says.

"Please tell me there's a 'but' coming," Emile whispers.

"But... you're family. And I can see why you did what you thought was right. I- I'm not happy that you did it, but I can see why you felt you had to and I won't hold it against any of you. And," he pauses, then seems to decide on something, "I won't tell anyone else."

Patton releases his breath, slumping into Logan's side. "Thank you Thomas," Logan says, "from all of us."

"We would've accepted whatever your decision was, of course," Dee adds, "but thank you."

"You guys are family," Thomas replies with a shrug. "It may take me a bit to actually come to terms with it, but I forgive you. Now," he claps his hands, snapping them out of the mood, "we had some partying to do?"

"Yasssss," Remy trills, raising up a glass.

"Actually, before we start," Dee says, standing up, "I'd like to say something." Patton sits up, curious as to what Dee might say.

"Oh, okay. Floor's yours," Emile says.

"Right, uh," Dee fiddles with his sweater's sleeves, "I'd like to try being called Janus, again. I mean, I like the name but the bullying..."

"Sounds good, Janus," Patton says. "Can we still call you Dee or..?"

"Dee's fine too, but I'd like to try being called Janus again, to see if I want to take it back?"

"That is understandable," Logan says.

"Right, well that's enough emotional turmoil for one night!" Virgil decides, getting up. "Let's drink way too much, eat some food, and end up crying over really hot guys in superhero movies."

"Naturally, what else are we gonna do?" Roman asks, following his fiancé.

"After all, we do that almost every time we meet up," Remy comments.

In the kitchen, Thomas stops them. "Hold on, who're the sober ones?"

"I'll do it," Virgil volunteers.

Logan starts to say something, but Patton cuts him off. "No Logie, this is your night off. I'll do it."

"Alright love, if you're sure."

He giggles. "Of course I'm sure! Besides, I can still have a drink or two, I just won't have as much as the rest of you."

They all grab a glass and pour out their drinks, Patton taking a mango-flavored ones he remembers having a year ago before heading back to the couches, turning on the Office in the background as they drink and talk. Or, more accurately, play games.

"Okay okay, truth or dare JJ?" Remy asks after making Emile flustered in five seconds like Thomas dared. He straddled Emile and said stuff, but Logan covered Patton's ears before he could hear what it was.

"Umm... let's go truth," Janus muses, sipping his wine.

"How many people have you killed?"

"Like, personally?"

"Like what's your body count?"

"I honestly haven't paid much attention... I think it's hovering at about 200?"

Patton almost chokes on his drink. "W-wait what?"

"Most of that is a guess though," he adds. It doesn't help the stares. "I blow up a lot of buildings okay?! That's the bulk of it."

"That's a lot of bodies!"

"I kill for a living! Jeeze what'd you expect?! Virgil, truth or dare?"

"Uh... dare?"

"Take two shots of vodka and whiskey."

Virgil rolls his eyes but gets up and makes up the shots, knocking them back like a pro then going back to sit on Roman's lap. "You've seen me do worse," he mutters, blushing at Roman's awed look. "Pop star, truth or dare?"

"Truth!" he chirps.

"Hmm, who was your first kiss?"

Patton coughs. "Oh um..."

"C'mon Pat answer the question!" Remy and Remus cheer.

"It... may have been Brendon from middle school... seventh grade year... on Valentine's day..."

"BRENDON?!" everyone yells.

"Like, got locked up in a Mexican jail for most of high school Brendon?!" Janus asks.

"Maybe..."

"Patton I love you with all my heart but what the actual fuck?" Logan swears.

"He was really cute okay?! And he'd been flirting with me all that week so I kissed him."

"What happened then?" Thomas asks, leaning forward.

"Yeah spill the tea!" Remy adds.

"Well, we kissed a couple more times, but then he was out for a month, you remember that, and when he came we just kinda left things."

"I cannot believe you kissed Brendon," Roman whispers.

"Anyways!" Patton says, switching the conversation. "Uhhhh, Remus! Truth or dare?"

"Ha! Dare!"

"You can't touch Janus at all for five minutes!"

Remus pales, but he stiffly moves away from his practically kola position on Janus. "I'll set a timer dear," Janus says, pulling out his phone and doing just that.

"Alright," Remus sighs. Then his eyes light up. "Roman! Truth or dare?!"

"Daaaaaare."

Remus smiles mischievously. "Either say you hate Disney," Roman makes offended noises, "orrrrrr, say one thing you dislike about Virgil."

"......dude," Emile whispers, shocked.

Roman looks ready to faint. "Princey just say something," Virgil says, poking his fiancé in the ribs.

"IhateDisney," Roman blurts out. "No I don't, I really don't, please don't leave me Disney," he immediately says right after.

Patton laughs as Virgil stares at Roman in confusion. "Dude you could have just said something you dislike about me, it's not that hard."

"But mi amour, there's nothing I dislike. At worst, there are things that annoy me," Roman says, kissing Virgil.

"Gaaaaaaaaay," Remus and Janus chorus. Virgil flips them his finger.

"Now, Emile," Roman says, turning to him. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth..?"

"What are your real feelings about the first season of Steven Universe?"

"Wait what?!"

"You heard me," Roman smirks.

"But I- I love the first season!" Emile replies.

"Dee?" Patton asks.

"You wince right before you lie," he comments.

"Alright fine! I- I didn't like the beginning of the first season!" Emile admits.

They keep doing more and more rounds, many involving alcohol. Soon, everyone but Virgil and Patton are drunk. Super drunk.