Chapter 62

Trigger Warnings: referenced abusive parents, mentioned eloping, sappy shit

Word Count: 1140

Logan stands up and holds his hand out to Patton, who blushes and takes it, standing up as well. "Thank you," he whispers, smoothing out his skirt.

"Always," his husband replies, smiling softly at him. "May I have this dance?" He's still holding Patton's hand, gesturing at the makeshift dance floor with the other.

"Always." One of the slower dances begins as his husband leads them out onto the dance floor, a slightly raised wooden platform that's big enough to fit all of the guests. Patton follows Logan as he leads them through a familiar waltz, the first dance they had together in a crappy school gym. They did take lessons eventually and have learned more dances, but the waltz, cheesy as it is for being a couple's go-to dance, will always hold a special place in their hearts.

Out of the corner of his eye Patton sees his twin drag Remus onto the floor and start dancing, Roman pulling Virgil up in an instant and beginning what will no doubt turn into yet another dance battle between the theatre twins. Logan sighs and shakes his head. "They're at it again," he mutters.

Patton laughs, glancing over to see that yep, Roman and Remus are trying to out-dance the other, Janus grinning as Virgil rolls his eyes but goes along with it. "I'm not surprised, you know Roman's been holding the fact that he got married before Remus over him for a while now."

"Of course he has, Roman holds grudges almost as well as Janus," Logan sighs again.

"Remember the jam incident?" Patton giggles, spinning around in his husband's arms. "The one when we all got our own jam," he clarifies quickly at Logan's confused look, "not the 2018 one."

"Ah, you mean the one where he went off script to take a jab at me and I just rolled with it, causing him to make Emile follow me in the car and make a fool of himself?" Logan smirks, cutting around the twins who are in the middle of a heated tango. "Oh I remember that."

Patton shakes his head, fighting a grin. He shouldn't be smiling, Roman was really embarrassed after his outburst even though Logan assured him it was fine and Thomas decided it was worth keeping in the final video. But it was seriously hilarious how proud Logan looked after they stopped filming, his, as Remy calls it, 'shit-eating grin' in place. "Yeah well, remember how he still held onto the jam incident of 2018 and that's why he made that jab?"

"Of course I do," Logan replies, letting Patton dip him to avoid Janus lifting Remus up into the air, "I'm pretty sure Roman asked Janus to help him set up a revenge plan after that."

"I'd say I'm surprised but I'm not," Patton laughs, noticing Remy recording the dance fight on his phone while Thomas records it on the camera he used to record their videos. "But I really hope they don't take it too f-" Logan sweeps him away, just missing Virgil being dipped by Roman, "far..." He and Logan watch as Remus starts break dancing, Janus watching from the edge, sitting out because of his form-fitting gold skirt. It has a slit up the side so he was easily able to do the other dancing, but break dancing is pushing it, even as Virgil pushes Roman back next to Janus and joins in. "Nevermind."

"How about we move to somewhere quieter?" Logan offers, holding his hand out. "There's a gravel path with flower bushes in the back of the property we could go walking through."

"What if they miss us?" Patton asks. Logan raising his eyebrow and Patton glances out at the guests. Joan's making bets with some of them while Nico and Emile seem deep in conversation at the table, and the other guess are either watching the dance off or talking with each other. "Alright," he says, taking Logan's hand, "lead the way."

He guides them away from the crowd, wandering into the back of the property, a gravel walkway helping them walk among the flowers. It's beautiful, secluded, with the tall bushes and decorative trees blocking the music and cheers coming from their wedding tent. The path winds among it all, and faintly Patton thinks he can hear water trickling from somewhere. "If we follow the path all the way, we'll eventually leave the property and find to the road," Logan says, breaking the content silence.

"Awesome, we can run and say we eloped," Patton jokes, grinning when Logan's laugh echoes off of the plants, warming his heart.

"We are not going back to our plan from high school love," he replies, weaving an arm over Patton's shoulders. "Our family deserves more than that."

"Awww but they don't know we're gay," Patton pretends to pout, leaning into his husband as they continue to slowly make their way through the plants, birds chirping as the sound of running water grows.

"Ah, so our wedding was simply male friends being male friends and mockingly getting married?" Logan asks, amusement running through his voice as his eyes light up, Patton's heart skipping a beat. "Love I do wish you had told me before, I would have sent more invitations out."

"Oh yeah, invite our parents who haven't seen us in over ten years to our wedding, even though mine can't come anyway because they're in jail," he muses, toeing at the gravel with his shoe, trying to focus back on their banter and not on the way his husband makes him feel like a nervous freshman realizing he has a crush on a guy, "sounds super fun."

"Thankfully our wedding was exactly as I wanted it to be," Logan says, stopping to lean down and pick a daisy, slipping it behind Patton's ear with a soft smile. "Marrying you, with our real family around us."

"Roman and Remus having a dance battle halfway through our first dance and us running off into some gardens was part of your perfect wedding?" He raises his eyebrow, not believing him.

"Well, I admit it wasn't exactly exactly what I wished for," Logan shrugs artfully, nose close enough to brush his own. "But that is something out of my control. The main parts were there, were real. No one I hated there, no people we cut out of our lives there to ruin it. Just us, in love." If someone's heart could survive not beating for several seconds, then that was Patton's heart, melting and forgetting to beat for a few seconds after his husband's beautiful words. As it is, he meets his and Logan's lips, having no words to express the feelings and deepest, rawest form of love he has ever felt.