Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Mac's POV

We met Derek and Braden and on the many abandoned warehouses in Beacon Hills. We arrived a few minutes before everyone else and tension in the car was high. I took a calming breath trying not to feel the other's emotions as much as I did. Isaac took my hand and squeezed it trying to comfort me.

"You okay?" He asked quietly. I nodded my head. There was a screech of tires as Braden pulled up in the prison transport van. We all climbed out to meet her halfway between the vehicles.

"How did you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked her.

"I'm a U.S. Marshal." She responded simply.

"Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover," Stiles admitted.

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek asked walking up to us, pointing at Liam.

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles asked, pointing at Peter who was close behind. I glared. I still didn't trust him. He gave me bad vibes.

"We're bringing everyone that we can and considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going," Peter said with his normal amount of sass that made me want to punch him in the mouth.

"What's that mean?" Malia asked.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?" Peter asked.

"What, she wants to make him younger?" Liam asked.

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf," I said.

"A werewolf can't steal a true Alpha's power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her. Maybe she can." Peter explained his thought process. "So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going."

"We can't. Not without Lydia." Stiles stated. Stiles stepped to the side to call her, yet again.

"What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek asked after we explained to the rest of them where she went.

"We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent," Malia said holding up Kira's sword.

"Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker," Isaac added.

"Nothing," Stiles said walking back over.

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us," Braden said.

"That's a good point. We'll call her from the road." Peter said.

"No. What if something happened?" Stiles said.

"What if she's in trouble?" I asked.

"Fine. You stay, you find her. We're gonna go on without you." Peter said and headed to his jeep. I  glared at his back.

"I could call Mason. He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her." Liam offered. We looked at Stiles to see if he agreed. He sighed heavily.

"All right. Fine." He said. Derek, Isaac, Liam, and I headed to the prison transport van with Braden.

"So how are we doing this?" Liam asked.

"You'll be in the back with Derek, Isaac, and Stiles. Hopefully, the three of them will be able to keep you in check. I'm riding up front with Braden." I explained to the nervous teen wolf. I'm hoping that Derek and Stiles can help him stay calm and keep his wolf side under control. If push comes to shove, Isaac will be back there with them lending them strength.