Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

Mac's POV

We were at Scott's house the next day waiting on him. He went to the station because Kira was arrested last night. A body was found in Scott's kitchen with Kira's sword thru it. We were gonna come up with a plan to find Hayden and Liam. Stiles, Malia, Theo, and Isaac were downstairs while I was in Scott's bedroom with Lydia, Mason, and the chimera Mason found last night Corey. The kid that was attacked by Lucas.

"Anything yet?" I asked Corey.

"Sorry, I'm only on chapter two.  I'm kind of a slow reader." Corey said.

"Oh, that's okay, Corey," Mason replied with a slight smile.

"He's right. We don't have time for that anyway." Scott stormed into the room.

"No, Scott, don't!" Lydia yelled, but it was too late to stop him. Scott stuck his claws in the back of Corey's neck.

"God damn it, Scott," I said with a sigh. The other four ran upstairs and saw Scott.

"Don't get too close," Lydia informed everyone.

"What is he doing?" Theo asked.

"Tapping into Corey's memories," Lydia said.

"It's usually something only Alphas do," I told him. Theo walked into the room more to get a closer look.

"Is it as dangerous as it looks?" Theo asked.

"Probably more," Isaac said. 

"Does anyone know if it's working?" Mason asked. Just after he said that Scott pulled his claws out of Corey's neck. Scott fell back but Stiles caught him. Lydia helped Corey who started to fall forward.

"Is he okay?" Scott asked Stiles.

"What the hell did you do to me?" Corey yelled.

"You'll be alright," Scott told him.

"There's blood," Corey said removing his hand from his neck and looking at his fingers.

"You'll heal," Scott said. I looked at him in shock.

"Scott," Stiles said.

"He'll be fine!" Scott yelled. He grabbed a notepad off his desk. "Listen... I think it worked. I saw something. There were tunnels. Pipes along the walls. There were these huge blue pipes at the entrance. Two on both sides." Stiles looked at the picture Scott drew. 

"Wait a second I know this. I've seen this before. That's one of the tunnels I used to skateboard in. Remember my dad caught me one time and told me to never go back?" Stiles said. Lydia moved over to look at the image.

"It's the water treatment plant," Lydia informed us. 

"That's where they are. That's where we'll find Liam and Hayden." Scott said. "Mac, Malia, Mason let's go." Scott took off out of the room. We all quickly followed.

"Scott," Stiles said. "Scott, slow down. Just think for a second, okay? Mason shouldn't be going."

"Liam's my best friend. I'm going." Mason said. 

"Oh, did you suddenly get super wolf powers? I wasn't aware of that development." Stiles replied sarcastically. 

"Well, if you're not going, I could use the help," Scott said.

"No, I'm coming just as soon as I talk to my dad. They're moving the body and he wants to make sure that this time no one steals it." Stiles said.

"How's he gonna do that?" Malia asked.

"I don't know. But whoever took the last one was strong enough to flip my Jeep." Stiles said.

"We can bring Theo," Malia said. We all looked at him.

"Maybe I better stay here. You know, in case the Doctors decide to make a house call for Corey." Theo said.

"I'm staying, you can go." Isaac offered.

"It'll be better with both of us here," Theo said. He offered a good point.

"Scott, Stiles is right. We need to slow down and think." Lydia said.

"I am thinking..." Scott said. "About how Liam and Hayden could already be dead."

"You could've hurt him, Scott. Really hurt him." Lydia said, motioning to Corey. Scott looked at the kid's face with guilt.

"I have to find Liam," Scott said and started toward the door. I followed him. 

"Hey, text me. For anything." Stiles said to Malia.

"I got it." She replied.

"Anything at all. Okay?" I heard him yell.

~

The four of us arrived in Malia's car. We followed Scoot into the building and down some stairs. We came onto some pipes.

"Liam?" Malia yelled. Her voice echoed but we didn't hear a response.

"Can you catch a scent?" Mason asked Scott.

"There's too many chemicals," Scott answered.

"Then this might take a while," Mason said. Scott looked at me. I shook my head. I wasn't picking up any emotions. Scott sighed and continued forward. We came upon different pathways. We split up calling for the two teens. Eventually, we all ran into each other.

"Okay, We need to make sure that we're not covering the same area," Scott said. He was breathing heavily. I looked at him, worriedly.

"You need your inhaler, don't you?" Mason asked him.

"Quiet. I think I hear something." Scott said closing his eyes.

"It's just the lights, isn't it?" Malia asked. He didn't answer.

"Come on. This way." He said. We ran for a little bit when Mason stopped to catch his breath.

"I'm telling you guys, we've been down this one before," Mason informed us. 

"What the hell are we doing? We're running up and down this place. Up and down tunnels. And there's no way-" Scott said, starting to breathe heavily. "There's no way that we're gonna find-"

"Scott, you need your inhaler," Malia said as my brother started having an asthma attack. He shook his head in denial.

"Scott, use it. Use your inhaler." I demanded. He dropped to the ground and pulled an inhaler out of his pocket. He looked at the ground with sad eyes.

"This is all my fault." He said. The three of us looked at each other in worry. Scott was never this pessimistic. "We're never going to find them. It's my fault."

Mason held out his hand to him, "Scott. We should keep looking. We should keep trying." He helped him off the ground. Scott looked at Malia and me and we nodded in confirmation. We shouldn't give up yet. We headed back the way we came with new confidence in the mission.

----------------------------------

1038 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.