Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

Mac's POV

Everything was going to hell. Noah was dying. Even after the surgery that should have saved him. There was some type of poison in his system and it was shutting down his body. Lydia was catatonic. Parrish found her out the woods. It looks like Theo has been busy last night. Between almost killing Scott, attacking Noah, and driving Lydia out of her mind, he'd been one busy bee. Parrish, Melissa, Scott, Stiles, and I were huddled in the morgue, trying to come up with some idea on what the hell was going on.

"It could be a side effect of shock." Parrish offered.

"She's catatonic. It was Theo digging his way through her mind." Stiles corrected him.

"Why would he do that? What is he looking for?" Melissa asked.

"The same thing he's always looking for." Scott said.

"An advantage." I added.

"So what did he gain by trying to kill Stilinski?" Parrish asked.

"It left me alone with Liam. Theo wanted to make sure no one would be there to stop him from killing me." Scott said.

"Okay, so he gutted my dad as a distraction." Stiles said, his voice cracking.

"We need to find this kid." Parrish announced.

"Isn't that a little dangerous? Especially since he almost killed my kid?" Melissa asked.

"Yeah, but he said he didn't want my dad to die." Stiles said.

"And you believe him?" I asked astonished.

"He told me where to find him. So, maybe he also knows how to save him." Stiles reasoned.

"What do you want to do? Talk to him?" Melissa asked.

"If it saves my dad, then yeah." Stiles answered.

"I'll come with you. He doesn't know that I'm alive. Maybe that gives us an advantage." Scott offered.

"He'll know you're there. I just need to talk to him. Not fight him." Stiles replied starting to walk out the room.

"Stiles, you can't go alone." Melissa reasoned.

"Does anyone even know how to find him?" Parrish asked.

"We don't have to find him. He'll come to me." Stiles said and walked out the room. I sighed and followed him out.

"Stiles, let Scott go with you. He could help." I said to my roommate after I caught up with him. Stiles scoffed at me. We kept walking in silence until we ended up in the parking lot.

"Why can't you just come?" Stiles asked standing next to my car with me.

"You don't want to fight him, remember?" I said with a shrug. Stiles groaned as Scott called out his name. I gave him a pointed look and he let out a grumble, which I knew roughly translated to 'You're so right Mac! I'll take Scott with me!'. Scott rushed over to talk his best friend into letting him help.

"Let me know what you find out." I said to Stiles, turning toward the driver's door of my car.

"You're not coming with?" Scott asked.

"Stiles doesn't want a fight with Theo." I pointed out, turning toward my brother.

"Well what are you gonna do then?" Scott asked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Not that it's any of your business, I'm going to check on Isaac." I responded.

"Seriously? While Stiles' dad is dying, you're gonna go hang out instead of helping us find a way to save him?" Scott snapped. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"First off, Scott McCall, no one is going to hang out. I'm going to check on Isaac cause you weren't the only one who almost died last night." I hissed out. "Did you even notice he was home?"

"I- I didn't." Scott stuttered out.

"Of course not." I scoffed out. "Well, while you were playing buddy buddy with Theo, I was kidnapped and almost sacrificed by my so-called aunt last night. Isaac almost got killed saving me."

"I know." Scott said with a sigh.

"What do you mean you know?" I asked confused. Did he talk to Isaac? I thought he said he didn't know Isaac was home.

"Last night, when Theo trapped me in the library, he told me you were gonna die. He didn't say how so I didn't know that part about your aunt." Scott admitted. Hurt welled up in my chest.

"So you're telling me, you woke up this morning thinking I was dead or dying, and you didn't try to find me or contact me?" I asked, my voice cracking as I held back angry tears.

"After everything with Liam, it slipped my mind." Scott responded, his tone full of guilt.

"You forgot? You forgot that your sister was in danger? I would've dropped any and everything to save you if I thought you were in danger! Hell, I have before! But it just slipped your mind, huh?" I snapped. "I don't know why I expected anything from you."

"Mac-" Scott tried to speak, but I cut him off.

"I can't do this right now. Go confront Theo. You're busy saving other people's lives. I can take care of myself. Always have, always will." I said, waking away. I climbed in my car, turned it on, and sped out of the parking lot. I couldn't believe it! This asshole!

———————————-

Ouch, Scott. Bad brother.

884 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.