Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

Mac's POV

The whole pack was standing around Scott's kitchen table discussing the plan that Scott and Stiles made to get Lydia out of Eichen house before Dr. Valek ended up killing her.

"There's four steps." Stiles started. "We get into Eichen, we get into the Closed Unit, we get Lydia, get out."

"And we have to do it all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a Mountain Ash barrier," Scott added.

"You have a plan for all of that?" Malia asked.

"I stole this last night off an orderly," Stiles explained, holding up a guard key card. "But it's useless 'cause they reset the codes each night."

"So why did you take it?" Kira asked.

"I'm getting to that," Stiles said.

"The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again," Scott explained.

"How are you going to do that?" Liam asked.

"We're getting to that, okay, just listen," Stiles said turning his laptop around so we could see the screen. "I pulled all the history off the key card. Two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code. So, if we trigger a reboot..."

"The card goes back to the default code. It works again." Liam finished.

"How are we going to cause a brownout?" Kira asked.

"That's your part. You're going to draw power from the mainline. But only enough to cause the brownout." Scott told her.

"Not a blackout. Do that and you send Eichen into lockdown which would be bad. Very, very bad." Stiles added on.

"There's an electrical room behind the reception counter," Scott said, pointing to the blueprint of Eichen house that was laid out on the table. "The main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen."

"Okay, slight problem. I don't know how to do that. Kira said.

"That's okay. You have time to practice." Scott reassured her.

"Let's say all this goes perfectly. How does a brownout get us into the Closed Unit of Eichen?" Malia asked.

"The system takes five minutes to reboot. In that five minutes, all the alarms will be turned off the key card should work." Stiles answered.

"Liam, you and I get Stiles to the gate of the Closed Unit," Scott said, looking at our youngest member. "But after that, he has to go on his own. We can't get past the Mountain Ash barrier." Scott said. "And when we're gone, all anyone's going to think is that there was a reboot of the security system caused by a brownout."

"Uh, any questions?" Stiles asked. The five of us started throwing questions at the masterminds.

"How do we get into Eichen House in the first place?" Liam asked.

"What's our worst-case scenario?" Malia asked.

"What if I can't do it?" Kira asked.

"What about the guards?" I ask.

"What if this takes more than 5 minutes?" Isaac asked.

"Okay, admittedly, a lot could go wrong," Stiles said.

"Everything could go wrong." Isaac pointed out.

"Guys, if we don't do this, we lose Lydia. She's going to die in there tonight. And she might take a lot of innocent people with her." Scott said.

"Okay, so what about the three of us? You never told us what we're doing?" Isaac asked gesturing to the members of the messed up childhood gang. The A.B as I affectionately call us in my head.

"Malia is going with Kira," Stiles said.

"Okay, what about Isaac and I?" I ask.

"Well you're back up," Scott said.

"Back up? Bitch, I'm the main character." Isaac said crossing his arms, offended.

"Okay, chill Naruto. If something happens and goes wrong, we'll need you two hotheads. No pun intended, Mac." Stiles said.

"Okay so what do we do?" I ask.

~

"I want you to know, I hate this," Isaac said as we waited in the morgue.

"Yeah, you're not the only one," I responded. "I can't believe they planted us on the sidelines."

"Right? I'm the star player! Not a bench warmer!" Isaac exclaimed grumpily.

"Relax there, Bakugo. No need to explode." I said, bumping his shoulder.

"You and Stiles really need to stop watching anime together." Isaac pouted standing up from our spot on the ground.

"Oh shut up. You watch with us too." I said smiling up at him. "How much time do they have left?"

"They should be back any minute," Isaac said. This plan sucked ass. I hated sitting out on the sidelines. I wanted to help save Lydia. Just then Malia and Kira ran in. Isaac helped pull me off the floor.

"The others aren't back yet?" Malia asked.

"No. What's going on?" Isaac asked looking at their panicked faces.

"We have a problem," Kira said.

"Did it not work?" I asked confused.

"Oh it worked, but we had some uninvited guests. Theo is here." Malia said walking over to the exit door. The alarm started blaring, and she tried to push the door handle, causing her to be electrocuted. "Lockdown."

"Crap," I muttered. "I'm going to find Scott. Isaac, let's go."

"Mac, wait. Shouldn't we wait here?" Kira asked.

"Our job was to wait here unless we went into a blackout. It's a blackout." I reminded her. Before the two of us could exit, a roar went through the air. It was from Scott, causing all of us to look toward the door. An electrical field flickered around Kira. Isaac  and Malia let out small growls as their eyes changed colors. My vision turned orange and I felt the flames licking around my skin.

"Isaac, come on," I said, storming out the door. The two hotheads, as Stiles called us, on the way to save the day.

—————————

This scene was hard to write

992 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.