Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Forty Five

Mac's POV

"It's Mason?" I asked Braden and Malia. We were standing in the hallway near Scott's room. Kira and Stiles had just helped my injured brother to bed. He thought it was a good idea to go up against The Beast alone. Though he got his ass kicked, he was able to get its scent. That led Liam and Scott to Mason's car.

"Yeah." Malia sighed. I was shocked. Mason must not have known he was The Beast. He's been trying to help us find and stop it. Help us stop himself. After Scott and Liam realized who it was, Corey escaped with Mason. Now we were left wondering where they went and what to do.

Stiles walked up to the three of us and we exchanged a look. Malia and Braden updated me on the Desert Wolf situation. It seemed like Stiles might be her next target.

"What? What? What did I do?" Stiles asked reading our expressions. Braden and I looked at Malia.

"Tell him," Braden said. Malia sighed. 

"You know how my mother wants to kill me?" Malia asked and Stiles nodded. "I think she might want to kill you too."

"Okay, uh, that's disconcerting," Stiles replied and looked at me. "I should probably have a gun."

"Don't look at me. Noah takes away every gun I get." I said with a shrug. We all looked to Braden.

"I'm not giving you a gun," Braden said.

"You have a gun. Mac has a gun. The Desert Wolf who is trying to kill me has a gun. I think I should probably have a gun." Stiles argued. Braden took a handgun out of her hip holster and removed the clip. She tossed the gun to Stiles who immediately fumbled and dropped it to the ground. "I probably shouldn't have a gun."

"Yeah, you think?" I said, shaking my head.

~

The next morning the pack, minus Scott, was in his kitchen. We were trying to come up with a plan to find Mason. There has been no trace of him since last night. "My dad's got an APB out," Stiles informed us.

"For a 5'8" 16-year-old?" Kira asked.

"I recommended a nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf," Stiles replied sarcastically.

"It still might not be him," Liam said and we just gave him a sympathetic look. Mason was his best friend so I'm sure this is hard for him. "But, Hayden's at the school looking."

"We can keep checking the woods," Malia said, motioning to Isaac and me. The two of us quickly agreed.

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the county," Scott said, walking into the kitchen. We all turned to look at him. "We can find him."

"What happens then?" Liam asked.

"We figure out a way to save him," Scott confirmed what we were all thinking he'd say.

"Okay. Where else could we look?" Lydia asked.

"Let's ask Corey," Scott said and reached behind him, pulling the chimera out of his camouflage. 

"Wait. Wait. It's not my fault." Corey pleaded. "They took him and I couldn't do anything. They took him-"

"Who?" Scott asked, cutting him off.

"The Dread Doctors." Corey said.

~

"Still nothing from Scott, Issac and Liam." Stiles said walking back into Noah's office. Lydia had joined us at the Sherrif's Department.