Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

Mac's POV

"Do you think Stiles is overthinking this?" I asked Brett as we lay together cuddling in my bed. Noah was still at work and Stiles was god knows where. He decided to come over since I had some free time. I had just explained the Theo situation to him.

"No, I think it's okay to be wary. With everything that happened last year, he's earned the right to be a little wary." Brett said, wincing in pain as he moved to look at me.

"You okay?" I asked, feeling a little guilty.

"Yeah, I'll heal." He said, kissing my head. We finally had some time alone with no interruptions. We took full advantage of that. Which is why we were naked under my covers. I lost a little control during the deed and burned him slightly.

"I'm sorry," I muttered.

"It's okay." He said chuckling, "I can definitely mark 'burned during sex' off my list of things I've done."

"Shut up," I said blushing.

~

The next night, I was at the station with Noah, Stiles, and Scott. We were helping prepare Noah for his first date since his wife died. I was excited for him.

"Oh, I should've got a haircut," Noah said, fluffing his hair.

"Well, you know someone your age should be happy you still have hair to cut," Stiles said, stepping in front of his dad.

"Shut up, Stiles," I said laughing, pushing his shoulder.

"I think you look great." Scott offered.

"Well, thank you son I should have had," Noah responded to him. I smirked at Stiles' offended face. Noah's face dropped and he started undoing his tie. "Oh, what the hell am I doing? This is a terrible idea."

"What, Dad... Dad, it's one date, okay?" Stiles said, stopping him and fixing his tie. "The town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman. Or man."

"It's a woman, Stiles," Noah said glaring at his son. "A very beautiful woman."

"What beautiful woman, by the way?" Stiles asked.

"None of your business. Any one of you." Noah said looking at the three of us. I held my hand up in surrender.

"I want to know," Stiles muttered.

"You're right. It's none of our business." I said, smoothing out Noah's jacket. "But, do we know her?"

"None of your business!" Noah said, causing me to laugh. I was going to pester for more information when someone yelled for Noah, quite angrily.

"Stilinski! Stilinski!" The voice yelled. We filed out of the room to see one of the prisoners at the precinct door. "I'm going to kill you."

"Donovan, if you think that shocks me, remember it was well-documented in your Anger Expression Inventory," Noah said, unbothered by the threats. "Deputies, escort the prisoner out."

"I'm not angry like I'm gonna throw a brick through your window," Donovan responded. "I'm angry like I'm going to find you, I'm going to get a knife and I'm going to stab you with it until you're dead. And when you look at me and you ask me 'why', remember right now. Because this is why." His lawyer sighed heavily, probably because he knew his client just made things worse for himself. It was silent for a second before Stiles started clapping.

"Wow, that was awesome. That was awesome. That was great. We do one more? Give us another one, maybe like Christopher Walken this time, you know." Stiles responded sarcastically. "Okay, you know what? It's fine. You'll have plenty of time to work on it when you're in your tiny, little cell, you know. Just stuck there, forever." Donovan smirked before trying to lunge at Stiles. The deputies stopped Donovan before he could even get out of their reach.

"Get him out of here!" Noah yelled. They dragged him out of the building.

"What's the hell's an Anger Expression Inventory?" Scott asked.

"It's a test you take when you're applying to become a deputy," Stiles explained.

"That guy wanted to be a cop?" Scott asked astonished.

"At least now he's getting the full law enforcement experience," Stiles responded.

"No wonder he didn't pass. His anger was off the charts." I said.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"Let's just say, I'm glad it was Liam you bit that night," I said shaking my head. Liam might have I.E.D, but this kid was crazy angry. I'm glad that we didn't have to add supernatural strength to his resume.

"Alright, well that was fun." I said placing my hands together, "I'm heading out now. I have plans with Isaac." I gave Scott a goodbye hug.

"You're not going to meet up with your boyfriend?" Stiles teased.

"No, I'm not. My boyfriend has lacrosse practice tonight. So I'm hanging with the only other non-annoying man in my life." I said with a sarcastic smile.

"Ha, ha," Stiles responded just as sarcastically giving me a hug too.

"Have fun on your date, Noah," I said, giving him a hug before heading out the door.

----------------------------

It's a little short but we'll be getting into the good stuff soon.

Let me know what you think?

868 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.