Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Mac's POV

"Why is it that my life is always at risk?" I ask Isaac and Malia. We were in my room, trying to study. Well, they were trying to study. I was looking over the dead pool list.

"Not sure what to tell ya," Isaac said, not looking up from his book. The three of us hanging out was a frequent occurrence. Ever since Malia joined our pack, she quickly was inducted into the Abuse Buddies club. While she was never abused as a child, she qualified with a messed up childhood.

"A freaking hit list man!" I exclaimed falling back on my bed. Out of our pack, Malia and Liam were the only names not listed on this third of the list Lydia cracked. "I still can't believe I'm worth more than Scott. I'm not sure whether I should be scared or honored."

"Well, Phoenix's are rare, according to Deaton." Maila pointed out. "I'm kind of hurt I wasn't on the list."

"Oh, I'm sure you are," I said looking at the names on the list

LYDIA MARTIN, 20

SCOTT MCCALL, 25

MACKINZY MCCALL, 26

ISAAC LAHEY, 10

DEREK HALE, 15

KIRA YUKIMURA, 6

"Was Lydia any closer to figuring out the other two ciphers?" I ask Malia.

"Nope." She responded. Malia and Kira spent all weekend with Lydia at the lake house. She was pushing herself to figure out what the other keys were. It was frankly morbid and completely messed up that Allison was the first key.

"You okay?" I ask Isaac noticing his stiff posture.

"Yeah." He whispered then cleared his throat. "I just miss her a lot." I knew he was referring to Allison. He looked up at me, tears in his eyes.

"Me too, bud," I said, giving him a small smile.

~

I think Economics was my most boring but somehow the most interesting class. Okay, I know how. It was thanks to Coach. The man was crazy and it was very entertaining. He walked around the class complaining, as usual, with a lacrosse stick in his hand.

"Economic disparity exists in all forms. Well, take sports, for example. Some teams have better training facilities. Some have better equipment. Unlike Beacon Hills that can barely afford the duct tape to keep our equipment together." He approaches Stiles' desk to see the crime scene photos my roommate was obsessing over. "You know, Stilinski, if I could grade you on how profoundly you disturb me, you'd be an A-plus student."

"Thanks, Coach," Stiles responded.

"Put those pictures away." He said and went to walk away. Stiles grabbed the lacrosse stick. He pulled off the handle and compared the stick to the photos. "Stilinski! The hell is wrong with you? Don't answer that."

"It's a lacrosse player," Stiles whispered to us.

"The killer's on the team." Scott clarified. Oh, that's just great. We have a highly athletic assassin.

"What if it's Greenberg?" I asked quietly.

"What?" Stiles asked looking at me like I'm crazy.

"I'm just saying. The kid has been here forever. He sucks but is still somehow on the lacrosse team. Coach hates him. What if he's the killer?"

"Well Stiles sucks and he's still on the team." Isaac pointed out, causing me to laugh and earning him a glare from Stiles.

"There's no way Greenberg is the killer," Stiles said shaking his head.

"Well, I'm keeping an eye on him anyway," I said shrugging.

~

"Liam, wait." I heard Mason yell out. One of Liam's freshman buddies. I watched as Liam stormed out of the school up to the bus of Devenford Prep lacrosse players. "Wait, no, no, no, no. Liam."

"Brett!" Liam called out, stopping one of his previous teammates.

"Ah, here we go," Mason whispered, standing behind Liam.

"I just wanted to say-" We all waited, nervous as to how Liam was gonna react. "Have a good game." He put out his and the Brett guy laughed it off.

"That's cute, Liam. Is that what they told you to say in Anger Management? Apologize and everything's fine?" He no longer had an amused look on his face. "You demolished Coach's car."

"I paid for it," Liam said starting to get angry.

"Yeah, you're going to pay for it. We're gonna break you in half out there. And it's gonna be all your fault." Brett said slowly. I noticed the blood dripping from Liam's palm about the same time Scott did. He and Stiles rushed over.

"Hey, what's going on prep students? Welcome to our little public high school. How you doing?" Stiles said to the kids while Scott pulled Liam to the side. He put his hand, which was not shaken. "That's a firm handshake you got there. Uh, we're very excited for scrimmage tonight. Uh, but Let's keep it clean, all right? No rough stuff out there. All right, see you on the field. Go."

With that, the boys took Liam to the locker room. Brett stood there with a smirk on his face. The team started grabbing their stuff while Isaac and I looked on.

"What a douchebag." Isaac scoffed.

"A hot one, but a douchebag nonetheless," I said, checking Brett out. He was definitely cute. I couldn't take that away from him. "You know, he reminds me of how you were when we first met."

"Hell no. I was nothing like that." Isaac said offended.

"You definitely were," I said laughing, remembering the first time Isaac and I met. "Dude, you flirted with me, creepily might I add. I completely hated you."

"Oh yeah. I do remember that now. I thought I was hot shit." Isaac laughed.

"You weren't," I said laughing as we walked toward the locker rooms.

—————————

Oooh, love me some Brett. I wish he was more involved in the show.

Let me know what you think?

978 Words

#BlackLivesMatter