Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

Mac's POV

Later during the school day, Lydia and I were walking down the hallway when I felt an enormous amount of fear and panic course through me. It stopped me in my tracks. I gripped my knees as the breath was knocked out of my body.

"Mac, you okay?" Lydia asked, gripping my arm in concern. I nodded my head, looking around for the source.

"Someone is terrified. Lydia, extremely terrified." I explained standing up straight. I knew it wasn't someone too far away. I scanned the students chatting in the hallway before my eyes stopped on Tracy. She stood at her locker, staring off into space panting in fear and whimpering. Lydia followed my gaze and walked over to Tracy. I watched as Lydia broke her out of her thoughts.

"How about we go outside?" I heard Lydia say to her. I decided not to follow. Lydia didn't have any more classes today and I knew she could handle it.

~

Later in the day, Stiles and I walked into the library to meet the rest of our friends.

"So you found something?" Scott asked as he slapped papers down on the table.

"Another signature. This is Theo's dad's signature on a speeding ticket from eight years ago. And this is his dad's signature on a transfer form to Beacon Hills High School from just a few days ago." Stiles explained, pointing at the signatures on the papers.

"How did you get his transfer form?" Kira asked.

"You didn't break into the Administration Office?" Scott accused.

"No, I did not break into the Administration Office," Stiles said. They all sent him looks, showing they didn't believe him. "Okay, I might have broken into the Administration Office."

"Technically, I broke into the Administration Office, while Stiles distracted the secretary," I pointed out.

"Can we just focus on the signatures, please? They're different." Stiles said. We all looked at the papers. I didn't really see much difference.

"They're sort of different," Malia said.

"They're completely different. Come on. Look. The garlands don't match, the undulations of the sinuous stroke are totally off. And look, look at this. Perfect example of the Criminal Tremor." Stiles explained.

"What did any of that mean?" Isaac asked. I shrugged, just as confused as him.

"So now, Theo is Theo, but his parents aren't his parents?" Kira asked.

"Someone's not someone. And when I figure out who that someone really is, someone's in big trouble." Stiles stated.

"But no one's done anything wrong." Scott reminded Stiles.

"Yet," Stiles said. "If Theo's parents are both psychotic killers then obviously, we should not trust him, right?" Isaac, Malia, And I all shared a look.

"Stiles, you've must've forgotten about my psychotic killer mom," I said.

"And my dad," Isaac added.

"Not to mention my parents are Peter and the Desert Wolf." Malia deadpanned. We all looked at Stiles for his response.

"Okay." He sighed. "It's fine. You know what? I'll figure it out myself. Right? I don't need you or you or you. I don't need anyone." With that, he stormed away. I sighed and sat down in a chair.

"I think he might be onto something though. I don't like Theo. Something is off about him." I said, pulling out my books.

"You said the same thing about your aunt and she turned out to be a good person." Isaac pointed out. I sighed, because I know he was right.

--------------------------

If only they knew.

Let me know what you think?

595 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.