Chapter Twenty Eight

Mac's POV

When we arrived at the club, Scott and Kira had to go around back. The bouncer knew Isaac and me enough to let us in the front door, but the other two had to sneak in.

"Do you see anyone with weird supernatural features?" I asked Isaac. He shook his head and I didn't see anyone that matched that description either. "What about Brett? He might know who he is."

"No. I don't see him either." Isaac said. He froze and turned his head toward the back of the club.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. I looked toward the way he was looking at and my eyes caught Scott who was looking toward the same way. Isaac didn't answer me and the two of them ran toward the backroom. I followed and when we got past a chain curtain, I saw a guy pinning Liam to a table. I'm guessing that was Lucas.

"You're a little late!" Liam yelled out looking toward us. Scott immediately jumped into action, swinging on a nearby pole-like structure, and kicking Lucas off of Liam. Scott went to kick him again when Lucas caught his leg and swung him onto the floor. Isaac then tried his luck. Lucas kicked him to the wall with a strong kick. Liam climbed off the table and was kicked back into some chairs. I ran forward and threw a punch, which he blocked with his arm. He grabbed me and tossed me through the air. I landed on my back with a hard thud.

"Mac," Mason said as I coughed from the impact. I looked over to see him kneeling next to Brett who was bleeding from his side. Mason held his hand to the wound.

"Oh my god," I whispered, quickly making my way toward the two boys. Lucas must've cut Brett earlier. Brett grunted in pain from the venom.

"What the hell is that thing?" He asked, looking toward where Kira and Lucas were fighting.

"Don't worry about that. You need to worry about healing." I told him, gripping his hand. We watched as Liam slammed him to the ground, knocking him unconscious. Scott stood up to make his way toward the unconscious boy but before he could, Kira's eyes turned a yellow color. This aura surrounded her body and she yelled something in Japanese before swinging her sword around trying to plunge it into Lucas.

"Kira!" Scott yelled, grabbing her arm before she could. I watched with bated breath as she turned her glare toward Scott. Her fox-like aura faded and she took a gasping step back. We looked at her in shock. "Is everyone okay?" Scott asked.

"For the most part," I said as everyone else nodded.

"We need to get him out of here. Liam, give me a hand." Scott said. Liam went over to grab his feet. They started to lift him before a whistling sound went through the air and a small metal pole was shot into Lucas's chest. It was quickly pulled out. We looked to where the pole was returning to saw three men in masks standing on a structure above us. Scott yelled up to them, "Why did you do that?" 

"His condition was terminal." One of the men said. 

"What does that mean?" Scott said as they started walking away. He repeated himself, "What does that mean?" 

"Failure." The man stopped and turned to look had responded. The light bulbs burst and the room darkened. We looked at each other in shock. When we looked back to the beam they were on, the men had disappeared. I looked at Lucas who was now on the floor dead, his claws and stringers still showing, just like Tracy's claws were when she died.

"What the hell just happened?" Isaac asked.

~

"Are they ready to go yet?" I asked Isaac with a groan. We were sitting outside Scott's house, waiting for him and Kira to come down. The four of us plus Lydia and Stiles were going to Eichen house. Last night Malia had found a book about the masked men. They were called the dread doctors. We couldn't find any information about the author, but the acknowledgment page was dedicated to a Dr. Gabriel Valack. Dr. Valek was one of the esteemed supernatural creatures locked up in Eichen.