Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

Mac's POV

It's been five days since Hayden and Liam were found. Theo found them after Corey remembered more information. Lydia and Stiles were looking for the Nemeton because Parrish has been taking the bodies and putting them there. Scott has been in a depression episode. His asthma has gotten worse and he doesn't know what to do. Liam has practically disowned us after what happened the night he was kidnapped. Isaac has been distant as well. It's like the pack was falling apart. It didn't help that there's this gray energy over the town. Everyone was affected. Those who knew what was going on and those who didn't.

"Where are you going?" Isaac asked as I passed him in the hallway. I didn't even notice him, lost in my own thoughts.

"To see Helena. I wanted to apologize for acting like I did the other day, but she called in sick today. I'm going to her house." I told him.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked. I shook my head. I could do this alone. I felt terrible on how I trested her. She wasn't my mother and it's not fair that I keep comparing the two. It's not her fault she shares a face with my abusive mother.

"I'll call you later." I told him. I made my way to my car and drove to her house. I was feeling nervous. I don't know why, but something was telling me to turn around. I ignored the feeling. I'm sure it has something to do with everything that had been going on. I knew I needed to have this talk with her. I also knew I needed to talk to Brett. We hadn't talked since that day either. So much had happened that I hadn't gotten the chance. I wasn't sure what I would say. Actually, I'm still not sure what to say.

I called Brett, hoping to make plans after this to talk to him, but he didn't answer. I decided to just leave a voicemail. "Hey Brett. It's Mac. Things got a little crazy, huh? Can you just call me back so we can meet up somewhere and just talk? Just call me back, please."

During the drive, something in the back of my mind could tell something was off. I brushed it off, assuming it has something to do with my trauma with my mother. Something I definitely need to work on is healing from my past traumas. Arriving outside of Helena's house, it seemed different than usual. The energy coming from it was much darker. I didn't have words to explain how it made me feel.

"Mac." Helena said surprised answering her door after I knocked.

"Hey, Helena. I was hoping we could talk." I said to her. She looked frazzled. I'd never seen her with a hair out of place. She was always put together so this sight was kind of shocking.

"Sure. Come in." She said, letting me in the door. The house was out of order as well. It was like she was desperately looking for something. Her belongings were thrown everywhere. "Would you like some tea? I was just about to pour me some."

"Sure." I said. I went and sat her her dining room table, looking around the room in concern. "Helena, is everything okay?"

"Everything is perfect actually. I was just searching for something earlier. Found it, thankfully. Haven't had a chance to clean up." Helena explained from the kitchen.

"Oh." I said quietly.

"I was actually thinking about reaching out to you." Helena called out. "I was gonna call and invite you over after school."

"I guess I read your mind." I said.

"If only." She laughed. It unnerved me. Something was off with her. She came back into the room with two cups in her hand. "Enjoy."

"Thanks." I said, picking up the tea and taking a sip. It had a weird taste. Definitely wasn't a tea j had before. "What type of tea is this?"

"It's a family recipe." She explained. I took another sip of it. There was something familiar about one of the ingredients, but I could t quite place it. "So what did you want to discuss?"

"I wanted to apologize." I said, looking down at the mug. My head developing a dull ache. This stress must me getting to me. I rubbed part of my forehead.

"You okay?" Helena asked.

"Yeah, just getting a headache." I said.

"Drink some more tea, it might help." She suggested. I took a bug gulp, hoping to soothe my head. "What did you want to apologize for?"

"For, um, for-" I tried to explain but I started becoming light headed. I tried to shake off the feeling, but it quickly got worse as my head began to feel like it was cracking from the inside out.

"Mac?" Helena asked.

"Something's wrong." I said, gasping from the pain.

"Don't worry, poor Mackinzy. You aren't dying." Helena said, standing from her seat. My vision started darkening as I tried to watch her as she approached me. "It's just a little mistletoe to knock you out for a while. Not nearly enough to kill you." Helena said and my vision faded black as I lost consciousness.

———————————

Oh damn, Helena.

896 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.