Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Mac's POV

"Where is he?" Lori asked again.

"He's on his way, I promise," I replied to her. She looked so scared. They all did. I didn't know what else to do to help them.

I looked back over at her clutching to her brother. She was so young. She shouldn't have to go through this at her age. No one should have to hide and worry about being hunted down like we were being. I could feel myself getting upset. I looked down and clenched my fist.

"Mac, you okay?" Kira asked me. I nodded my head silently. My phone buzzed and Helena was calling me.

"Excuse me," I said, walking out of the room to answer.

"Mac, are you safe?" Helena asked as soon as I answered the phone.

"For now. Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Some hunters just attacked me. I managed to get away though." She said.

"Oh my god, are you hurt?" I asked worriedly.

"Nothing I can't heal." She replied with a weak chuckle.

"Come to the vet clinic in town. We're bunkered down here for now." I told her. I rattled off the address to her quickly and ended the call after informed me she was on her way. I sighed and plopped down in one of the lobby chairs. My eyes started burning as frustrated tears streamed down my face.

"You okay?" A voice asked. I looked up and saw Brett standing at the desk. I quickly wiped my tears and stood up.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said clearing my throat.

"No, you're not." He said, walking toward me. I was surprised after he pulled me into a hug. "You don't have to act so strong."

"I'm usually saying that to other people," I said letting out a watery chuckle.

"Well, it's true. It's okay to be scared. I'm terrified." He said, still holding on to me.

"I am. I'm scared and frustrated, and angry." I said, holding on to his jacket. "What are we supposed to do, Brett? Everywhere we turn, another person is trying to kill all of us."

"I don't know, but we'll figure it out when Scott gets here." He said. We broke our long hug. I gave him a soft smile.

"You know I wasn't expecting this from Private School Douchebag Brett," I said with a smirk.

"Well, I might be dying soon so I guess I can drop the bad boy act for a little while. Don't worry, it's gonna come back at any moment." He smiled back. I laughed and started to make my way back to the room with everyone else. He grabbed my arm stopping me. "Wait."

"What's up?" I asked in confusion.

"As I said, we might be dying soon so I'm gonna say this. I like you, a lot. You're smart, funny, and unbelievably hot. If we survive, I want to take you on a date." He said and I was honestly shocked. Sure, we've flirted some, but I wasn't expecting that from him. I never took him as the dating type.

"Brett, I got more baggage that you want. Trust me. It's not a good idea." I confessed honestly.

"Let me be the judge of that." He said, pulling my head toward him snd kissing me. I kissed back instantly. We kissed for a few seconds before he pulled away with a smirk. He made his way back to his pack, leaving me shook. Damn, that boy could kiss. I walked back into the room and Kira gave me a smirk.

"I thought you guys weren't dating?" She teased me, quietly.

"If you were eavesdropping correctly, you would've heard him ask me out on one," I said with a small smile. "Granted we have to live through the night."

"And then some," Kira said with a somber look.

~

"Scott and Isaac are outside," I told Kira, receiving a text from my brother. I go and let them in the door to the clinic. Scott rushes past me to check on Kira. "Thanks for checking bro, I'm okay," I say sarcastically.

"Glad to hear it," Isaac said, pulling me into a hug.

"It's been one long-ass night," I say pulling away.

"You can say that again," Isaac said with a sigh. I turn around and am graced with the view of my brother locking lips with Kira.

"Not her boyfriend, my ass," I mutter to Isaac who laughs.

"Did you find Brett?" Scott asked us.

"Yeah, and then some," I replied. He looked at me confused.

"We found all of them," Kira said, leading Scott into the exam room where Satomi's pack and my aunt waited. My aunt had arrived a little before Scott did. Isaac and I followed the couple "Satomi, this is who Mac and I were telling you about."

"I know who Scott McCall is," Satomi said with a small smile.

"Are we safe here?" Lori asked from next to her brother. Scott looked around the room, taking in the scared eyes on him.

"We're gonna need help. A lot of help." Scott said looking at Kira, Isaac, and me.

——————————

What do you think Brett and Mac's ship name should be? Do you ship it, or do you have another ship your rooting for?

Let me know what you think?

895 words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.