Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Forty Four

Mac's POV

It was pure and utter chaos. People were running for their lives. I had lost sight of all of my friends. The Beast was on a rampage and everyone had fled to the school. I was terrified, not only for myself but for my friends as well. The last I'd seen of them was Liam charging The Beast and getting mowed down in the air. That's when everyone started running. I ended up getting separated from Isaac. I walked down the hallways, barely able to focus. The fear was overwhelming. I couldn't focus. I was feeling not only my own fear but everyone else's. The emotions were too strong to tune out.

I heard The Beast's loud roar coming from nearby and I froze. It was coming, but I couldn't move. My fear topped with everyone else's was paralyzing. I felt someone grab me and pull me inside a classroom. The door slammed shut and I turned to see Brett pushed against the door. Someone grabbed my hand and I looked to the side to see Lori. We sat in silence, hoping the beast wouldn't stop here and kill the three of us. I wasn't confident I could beat it. Not in the state I was in.

When the roars moved further away, we all took a breath of relief. I felt another surge of fear go through me and I bit my lip to keep a whimper in. Lori squeezed my hand and spoke. "Mac, you're shaking. Are you okay?"

"Not really, no." I whimpered out. I took my hand from her grasp and covered my head. It was too overwhelming. I couldn't shut the emotions out. I held back a sob. I felt Brett move to kneel in front of me. He moved my hands and grabbed my chin to look up at him.

"Follow my breathing." He said. I tried to pull away, but he held on slightly tighter not letting me. "Stop being stubborn and do what I say."

"Don't act as if you care now." I spat out, as best as I could with my trembling voice.

"Mac," He sighed out. "This is not the place or time for this conversation."

"Well since I don't plan on seeing you after this, might as well," I said glaring at him.

"Well we can't do anything with you in this state, now can we?" He said glaring back. I huffed and looked away from him. I hated that he was right. I winced as another surge of fear went through me. I didn't want his help. He hurt me.

"Whatever Brett. I don't need or want your help." I said with a glare.

"Guys, come on." Lori whispered.

"No. Your brother is a dick and Kira must've hit him harder than we thought if he thinks anything he does will help me." I spat out glaring at the older Talbot sibling. He sighed as went to open his mouth but was cut off.

The door slammed open and my heart leapt in my throat. Thankfully it was just Isaac, I let out a sigh of relief and pulled away from Brett. "Thank God you're okay."

"I've been looking for you everywhere." Isaac said, moving over toward the three of us. Brett moved away and Isacc knelt in front of me. "The beast ran off. Scott's a little hurt, but he'll be okay. How are you?"

"Not good. Too many emotions." I responded.

"Let's get you out of here then." Isaac said, standing to help me up. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me to my feet. We went to leave the classroom when Brett's voice stopped me.

"This. This is why I broke up with you." Brett spat out. I scoffed and turned around to glare at him.

"It's not my fault you're insecure and can't handle my relationship with my best friend." I spat back.

"Can't you see that he's in love with you?" Brett asked angrily.

"And I was in love with you, but I'm not gonna fight for someone who won't fight for me." I responded quietly. "Let's go Issac."

With that, the two of us left the room. I could feel the anger and guilt flowing from Brett in waves but I couldn't deal with that right now. I was exhausted and I just wanted to go home.

"It'll be okay, Mac. I got you." Isaac said, throwing and arm around me and leading me out of the school.

—————————

I had so many idea for this chapter, but couldn't put what was in my brain to words.

779 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.