Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Mac's POV

The game did not go well. It didn't go well at all. Scott and Kira missed the game. Stiles, Isaac, and Noah went off to find them. That left Liam to try and carry the game on his back because the rest of our players suck. We didn't get one point. I was currently going to the locker room to try and give Liam a pep talk. When I walked in, I heard Brett talking.

"Why'd you help me?" I heard Liam ask.

"Because of Scott. He saved me." Brett said. "He saved all of us. Do you know how lucky you are?"

"What do you mean?" Liam asked him confused.

"Scott's a True Alpha. That means he didn't get his power because he was born with it. He didn't get it by stealing or killing someone. He earned it." Brett said. "You're not strong just because you can lift a lot of weight now. You're strong because you endure. Satomi calls it 'strength of character'. You're lucky to have him."

"Then why isn't he here?" Liam whispered as Brett walked toward the door. When Brett saw me, he smiled.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey," I said back. "You guys played good out there, I guess."

"Oh, I know we did." He said with a smirk. He looked toward where Liam was sitting. "You should go talk to him."

"I am. I just don't know if he'll open up to me. We're not close." I said with a sigh.

"Well, you gotta try. He's part of your pack." Brett said back. "He smells of fear."

"I know. I can feel it." I responded. "I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay." He said and walked out the doorway. He stuck his head back in, "Oh, by the way. I just want to let you know. You're gonna be my girlfriend."

"Whatever," I said with a chuckle. I rounded the corner and saw Liam there looking at the floor. He was clenching his lacrosse stick in his hands. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." He said gathering his stuff.

"Liam. I know you're not." I said, sitting down next to him. "We might not be close, but you can talk to me."

"You wouldn't understand," Liam said.

"How come?" I asked him.

"Because you guys have it all together. You all fight the bad guys and come out on top like nothing ever happened. I don't have that skill." Liam said with a sigh. "Everywhere I look, I see the Berserkers. I'm scared to death."

"We don't come out on top all the time," I said with a sigh. "I don't know if Scott had ever told you, but just like you guys can smell emotions, I can feel them. You're not the only one who is terrified."

"Really?" Liam asked me with wide eyes.

"Really. We're all haunted by something in our past." I state. "Stiles sometimes still has nightmares from when he was possessed by the fox spirit. Lydia is constantly terrified of her death predictions. Isaac, Malia, and I all have pasts so dark that we rarely think of them. Don't even get me started on Scott. He might seem like Positive Patty most of the time, but he has his dark times too. He feels like he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. He tries to stay positive for us, but there have been times I've seen him break down. You know how we all get through those tough times?"

"How?" Liam asked.

"We lean on each other. You're not alone in this, okay? Don't carry this by yourself. Lean on us. I'm always here to talk, okay?" I say.

"Thanks, Mac." He said with a small smile.

"No problem, kid," I said.

~

"You are not going to Mexico!" Noah exclaimed. Stiles and I were in his office. Lydia and Deaton had figured out where Kate took Scott and Kira. She took them back to the temple where she shifted Derek back in age.

"Dad, Scott, and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico." Stiles argued back.

"Okay." Noah sighed.

"Okay?" I asked.

"Even if Deaton is right about this." Noah sighed. "The best thing to do is to go through the proper channels."

"Dad." Stiles sighed while I groaned quietly.

"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points," Noah stated.

"Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay?" Stiles argued back.

"Someone needs to go down there right now, find them, and rescue them," I said.

"I'm going," Stiles said and I nodded in agreement.

"I can keep you from going," Noah said looking at us with his arms crossed.

"I'd find a way," Stiles said.

"You can't stop me from going. That's my brother." I stated.

"I can throw you in a cell," Noah said giving me a pointed look.

"I'd still find a way," Stiles said.

"I'd melt the bars," I replied crossing my arms.

"Guys, please." Noah sighed "Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book three flights to Mexico. We'll all go. Okay?"

"Okay, okay, great," Stiles said hopefully. "Do I get a gun?"

"No," Noah said.

"What? Mac has one!" Stiles yelled.

"Hey! You snitch!" I said punching him in the arm.

"Mac! Another one? Where do you even get these from? How many guns am I gonna have to take away from you?" Noah yelled.

"None if you don't keep taking them away," I muttered with a shrug.

"Hand it over," Noah said.

"Well, I don't have it on me now." I pouted.

——————-

Let me know what you think?

1013 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.