Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

Mac's POV

"You okay?" I asked Brett. The two of us were hanging out at my house. He was currently looking out the window at the moon. The full moon to be exact.

"Yeah." He mumbled. I moved from my seat in my computer chair to the bed where he was. I stood in front of him. He moved his hands to my hips, tilting his head back to look up at me.

"You sure? You in control?" I asked him.

"Yes, I promise." He said with a small smile. The last six months have been the best in my life. Brett and I officially started dating shortly after our rescue mission in Mexico. It took a few dates, but he eventually convinced me.

"What about if I do this?" I asked sitting on his lap, still facing him.

"You're playing with fire." He said with a smirk.

"Don't worry, I don't easily get burned. What three things cannot long be hidden?" I asked him running my nose across his. I yelped a laugh as he flipped me over on the bed.

"The sun." He said placing a light kiss on my lips. "The moon." Kiss. "And my love for you." Kiss.

"That was so corny." I giggled out.

"Well, it's the truth." He said with a smirk, kissing me again. This time holding the kiss. While he still had his douchebag tendencies, he was always so sweet and corny when it was just us. I pulled him closer and deepened the kiss. He started placing kisses down my neck as I started unbuttoning his shirt. In these months, we haven't progressed past a steamy makeout sessions. It seems that every single time it starts to go toward that, we get interrupted.

"Hey, Mac. You ready to go?" A voice said as they opened the door. "Oh, my eyes!" It's like my thought spoke this moment into existence. I glared at Isaac who stood with the palms of his hands covering his eyes.

"I need to start locking my door," I muttered with a groan.

"Do you know how to knock?" Brett asked my best friend annoyed, sitting back so he was no longer hovering over me.

"My bad," Isaac muttered sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Why are you here Isaac?" I asked him.

"It's almost time for the Senior Scribe," Isaac said. I groaned loudly sitting up.

"Crap, I forgot that was tonight," I said, looking at Isaac. "Go wait in the car. We'll be out in a second." With that, Isaac headed out of the room. I turned to look at Brett who was standing by the desk, buttoning his shirt. Ugh, I definitely hated that he covered that perfect body with clothing.

"You're staring." He said with a smirk. "See something you like?"

"I sure do." I teased. He let out a chuckle. I moved to my knees to place another kiss on him. "Continue this later?"

"Definitely." He replied. "Come on. You gotta get going."

"Ugh, I know," I said, getting off the bed.

After we made it outside, Brett climbed in his car and headed home. I sat in the driver's seat to Isaac, giving me a look. I knew that look well. It was the look he always gave me when Derek and I were together.

"What?" I said laughing.

"Seems I interrupted something steamy," Isaac said with a smirk.

"Shut up," I replied, starting the drive to the school. When we arrived, the rain was coming down hard. I parked next to Stiles' jeep. The two of us walked toward the school in search of the rest of our friends. I saw two familiar figures standing close together. "I think that's Stiles and Malia over there."