Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

Mac's POV

My plans with Isaac quickly got canceled. We were at the lacrosse field so he could practice since he didn't place much last season. I was his cheerleader. It was cut short after a call from Scott. Lydia, Malia, and Kira had stumbled upon an accident. Well, more like, Lydia's inner banshee directed them to an accident. Unfortunately, this accident involved the prison transport van containing Donovan, Mr-I'm-Gonna-Threaten-Everbody-Because-I'm-Being-Punished-By-My-Bad-Decisions.

"What happened?" I asked, walking up to Noah and Stiles after we arrived on the scene.

"Where's Scott?" Isaac asked.

"He's searching for Donovan. He's missing. His lawyer is dead and two officers are down." Noah explained.

"I'll go help search," Isaac said, but Jordan Parrish's radio sounded before he could leave.

"Scott, is that you?" Jordan asked into the radio.

"Yeah, I found Donovan. He's completely freaked out. He keeps saying some name." Scott said. 

"What name?" Noah asked taking the radio.

"Theo," Stiles muttered. 

"Tracy. He keeps saying, Tracy." Scott explained. 

"Tracy who?" Noah asked confused.

"Stewart. Tracy Stewart." Lydia explained.

~

The next day at school my friends and I stood at our usual meeting spot, between the buses.

"Tracy wasn't just having trouble sleeping. It was a real disorder. It was night terrors. Well, now she's the night terror." Lydia said. 

"Especially since no one can find her," Stiles said.

"Okay, I know we're all tired and miserable..." Scott said and looked over at Liam's friend, Mason. "Except for you."

"Oh. I'm sorry. This is all just mind-blowing. You're a phoenix." He said, looking at me. He then pointed at Kira. "You're a kitsune. I don't even know what those are."

"I'm still learning," Kira said sheepishly.

"Join the club," I said, rolling my eyes. I was too exhausted for his energy. I barely got any sleep and it's too early in the morning. 

"Liam, we said you could tell him. Not invite him to the inner circle." Stiles said toward the younger kid.

"Uh, I'm in the inner circle?" Mason asked excitedly.

"No." Liam and Stiles chorused.

"Guys, look, back to Tracy," Scott interjected. "She's just one lone wolf. We can find her."

"One lone serial-killing wolf." Malia pointed out.

"Uh, she only killed one person, you know. The other two were mauled." Stiles corrected.  "All right, what do we do when we catch her?"

"I say we put her down," Malia said.

"I second that," Isaac added.