Chapter Forty Six

Chapter Forty Six

Mac's POV

"Vanishing twin syndrome?" Deaton asked looking at the file. Stiles and I brought it over to him to see if he could help us come up with a solution to our Mason problem since we now knew exactly how he was a chimera.

"This is part of your expertise, right?" Stiles asked.

"Not particularly, no." Deaton answered.

"Isn't that more of a human thing?" I asked. Deaton might know a lot about the supernatural, but he was still only a veterinarian. I wasn't sure if that's something he learned about in school.

Deaton placed the file down on the exam table and we all looked down at it for a second. The door behind us opened and we turned to see our three favorite werewolves carrying in one of the Dread Doctors.

"He's still alive." Scott said. Deaton moved the file and motioned to the table. They placed him down and we all surrounded the man. If we could call him that.

"Can you keep him alive?" Scott asked.

"I'm not sure he technically is alive." Deaton said, starting to unbutton the vest the Doctor was wearing.

"Screw keeping him alive. How do we get him to talk?" Liam asked.

"Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough." Stiles said.

"I'm for that." Isaac added. I agreed. If we could get some information out this dude, I'm all for the torture. We might be able to squeeze the information out of him. Scott didn't respond to us, but Liam's head shot up.

"Did you hear that?" He asked. I looked at him confused. He was staring at the window at the top of the wall. Isaac and Scott also looked toward the window. I locked eyes with Deaton and Stiles who looked just as concerned.

All of a sudden the doctor sat up and started emitting this high pitch squeal. I covered my ears with a yelp. We all tried to block out the noise as the room started shaking. All the supplies on the wall started to fall. I looked up and saw Liam ready to attack The Doctor, who was starting to walk toward the exit. 

"Liam, wait!" Scott yelled. Liam didn't listen and went to try and attack The Doctor. The Doctor released some type of energy from his hand and it flung Liam across the room. We watched helplessly as The Doctor exited the building. The door slammed, the lights burst, and the chairs and exam table flung toward the exit, blocking us in. The room finally stopped shaking and we started making our way to the tables, but Deaton stopped us.

"Stop!" He yelled out. "It's electrified." We stared at the doors, unsure of what we should do next.

"He's here." Isaac informed the three of us without automatic advanced hearing. "The Beast, Sebastian, is outside with The Doctor." I closed my eyes to focus on the conversation.

"What did you do with it, Marcel? Where is the pike?" A man with a french accent spoke.

"The Argents." The Doctor, or Marcel I guess, spoke. "The Argents."

"The cane." Scott realized, looking at Liam.

"They took it." Isaac said.

"They took the cane." Liam added with a sigh.

"The cane? The one the Dread Doctors always had with them?" I asked. The boys nodded. What the hell do we do now? If Gerard has the only way to kill The Beast, he'll do it and we won't be able to save Mason.

Scott picked the file off the floor. He started flipping through it, muttering. "Maybe there's something in here. Something about how he was a genetic chimera."