Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Mac's POV

Derek and Braden arrived quickly after Scott's call. Satomi's pack sat together huddled in the corner with my aunt. The rest of us prepared for the upcoming fight. Chris was setting up the wall sensors and Braden was loading her gun. Scott walked past Kira, Isaac, and I who were sitting on the same table. He walked up to Derek who was watching Satomi's pack comfort each other.

"They'll be okay," Scott said to him.

"They've got claws and fangs. But they're not fighters." Derek replied.

"That's why I called you," Scott said. Derek walked toward the group of us.

"Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either," Derek said.

"That's why he called me," Braden said with a smirk.

"Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm? I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?" Kira said, worriedly.

"Knowing our luck," I said.

"It's not," Isaac said finishing the thought. Kira looked so hopeful but the rest of us knew better. We've been doing this too long to know that's just not how our lives went.

"Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braden asked.

"Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it." Scott told her.

"What if there is no stopping it?" We all looked at Brett who walked over to us. "What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?" I sighed cause that's a big problem we're facing. It was quiet for a second as we all looked at each other.

"Then let's send a message. Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun. Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a name on our dead pool." Derek said, filling us with inspiration.

"I'm cool with that," Isaac said with a smirk. He had a mischievous glint in his eye.

"No killing. I won't kill." Scott said. I groaned and glared at him.

"Scott, these people have literally been hunting us down and are being paid thousands, sometimes millions of dollars," I said. "If I'm going down, I'm taking a few to hell with me."

"Here, here," Isaac said.

~

I don't know how long we waited, but eventually, the hunters arrived. Chris's motion sensor started beeping.

"They're here," Chris called out and we all got ready. I could feel the fear coming off of everyone. It was so heavy that I could taste it. Suddenly, two smoke grenades were thrown into the room.

"Get back!" Braden yelled a second before they went off, filling the room with smoke. Everyone ran for cover and it was a good thing we did. Soon after the smoke covered the room, men when machine guns walked in and started shooting.

"Get down!" I yelled pulling Isaac down who was next to me. The group of hunters separated around the room, I let out shots from the gun, but the bullets kept coming. This gun wasn't gonna help me and those arrows sure won't be of any help. I threw the gun down went to get up. Isaac grabbed my arm to stop me.