Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Mac's POV

Lydia is gonna be pissed. She's gonna kill me when she finds me. I tried to help with the party, but all the emotions swirling from those hormonal freshmen were starting to get overwhelming. I snuck out the back as soon as I saw Lydia talking to some dude delivering a keg.

I'm still trying to get more control over all my abilities and the emotional power is still so much. There are times where I can basically turn it off and then there are times like tonight, where it just comes out of nowhere. Being a Phoenix is a lot more than I originally thought. It's a lot more complex. It's more than just fire. I've gotten good with controlling my flames though. Definitely better control with setting things on fire with my mind. It takes a lot of focus though unless I'm angry or upset.

"You okay?" Isaac asked, coming to sit next to me.

"There are too many emotions in there," I told him.

"Well, that party blows anyway." He said, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"Don't let Lydia hear you say that," I said with a laugh, leaning into him.

I'm not sure how long we sat there in our comfortable silence until I heard glass breaking from the boathouse. We quickly ran down to see Kira and Scott looking at each other stunned.

"Where's Liam?" I asked, noticing the lack of new werewolf in the boathouse.

"He broke out of the chains and crashed through the window," Scott said and I just looked at him. He still had a look of shock on his face.

"Shouldn't we chase after him?" Isaac asked.

"Yeah. Before he tears up his classmates?" I ask and he snaps out of it and takes off running. "Kira, go back to the party. Help Lydia."

Isaac follows after that, running in another direction in Scott. Probably hoping to cut Liam off in his journey. I run to try and catch up to them. My speed still not as fast as a werewolf. I could feel Liam's anger, so I followed to where it was coming from. I stopped when I saw Liam holding Scott against a tree.

"Liam!" I yelled trying to get him to stop.

"Liam. Liam, wait. Stop." Scott said trying to hold the angry, young werewolf back.

"What did you do to me?" Liam yelled.

"Liam," Scott said again.

"This is your fault. It's all your fault! This is your fault!" Liam yelled and lifted his arm to hit Scott again. I heard an arrow, which hit the tree above the two werewolves. The arrow exploded a bright light. Liam yelled and took off. I looked over to see Chris standing next to Isaac with a crossbow.

"How did you know?" Scott asked as Chris helped him up.

"I got your text," Chris said. I hugged him. Even though Allison was gone, I still considered Chris one of our invaluable Pack Parents.

"How'd you find them?" I asked him, pulling away from the hug.

"I ran into Isaac, who led me here." He explained.

"I like the scruff, Boss," I said teasingly. He scratched at his face.

"Yeah, I'm trying something new." He said.

"Shouldn't we get back to stopping Liam from committing mass murder?" Isaac piped up. I sighed, he was right. As happy as I was seeing Chris, we had a job to do.

"There's a clearing just north of here. All you have to do is corral him there. The rest is taken care of." Chris said to my brother.

"What are you going to do?" Scott asked.

"He's your Beta, Scott. The better question is what are you going to do?" Chris countered.

"He won't listen to me," Scott Said defeated.

"He will if you start using your own words," Chris informed him. I think Chris might be on to something. He'd been trying to imitate Derek and that wasn't working for Scott. Liam screamed and we looked toward the direction it came from.

"Here," Chris said, handing some kind of remote control device to Scott. "Go."

Scott took off toward Liam. Isaac and I went to follow but Chris stopped us. "This is something he has to do himself."

———————-

Yay for Chris. I love Chris Argent and I'm glad he's back.

Let me know what you think?

733 Words

#BlackLivesMatter