Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Mac's POV

After Derek left, I decided to spend the night at the clinic. Deaton has gone home for the night and I didn't want to leave Brett alone here. We didn't have anywhere to take him. At least not last night. He was still out of it, occasionally waking up and muttering but definitely not coherent. I didn't want him waking up in a strange place by himself confused. There's no clue how much he'd remember from today. He shouldn't need to be more traumatized than that.

"This whole thing is crazy," Isaac said as we sat on the couch in the waiting area. We had moved Brett off of the hard clinical table last night. He was still out of it. Isaac and I headed here right after school. Scott was searching for Liam who was missing and Stiles and Lydia were trying to get Meredith to talk.

"Tell me about it," I said, laying my head in his shoulder. "All those people are in danger. Who knows who else is an assassin."

"I didn't even know there were that many supernatural creatures here," I said sighing. Who knows who else or what else is out there.

"You think Derek is going to find his pack?" Isaac asked, looking over at the sleeping Brett. He and Malia were currently searching for his pack.

"I hope so. They should know that he's gonna be okay. They should also know about the Deadpool." I replied.

"You think he has a family? Parents and siblings?" Isaac asked quietly.

"I imagine so," I responded. "They're probably worried about him."

"This feels wrong, just sitting here while everyone else is out doing something," Isaac said, abruptly standing up.

"We are doing something." I said, "We are protecting Brett. There might be more assassins out there, and he's not in the position to protect himself."

"I guess you're right." Isaac sighed.

I walked over to our discarded book bags, dragging them over to the couch. "We might as well do some homework while we wait."

"Ugh, do we have to?" Isaac groaned.

"Come on," I said pulling out my books.

"I'm surprised you're actually volunteering for homework," Isaac said, looking at me curiously. "With the Deadpool and all."

"Isaac, honestly, my life has been in danger since I was born. First my mother, then Matt, then we had to deal with the Alpha Pack, and the Nogitsune. At this point, I'm exhausted. I can't control anything else, so I'm gonna focus on what I can control and that's my homework." I said.

"I guess you're right." He responded, pulling his books out. "Plus, who knows the next time we'll be able to focus on our work."

"Exactly," I said looking down at my homework. I glanced up at Brett.

"You gonna stop staring at him and get to your work?" Isaac asked and I scoffed.

"I am not staring at him." I defended. Isaac gave me a look like he was calling bullshit. "I can't help he's hot."

"Oh, you're attracted to him huh?" Isaac asked in a teasing voice.

"As if! He's an asshole and totally not my type." I said back.

"Oh please. Asshole is totally your type." Isaac scoffed. "Derek? Total douche. And Stiles? He's the number one asshole."

"Whatever," I said crossing my arms and looking at my textbook.