Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Mac's POV

"Someone's here," Scott said standing up. We went to one of the Argent warehouses. It was the only place we could think of. The only place that might be safe. I heard a clatter and we moved toward the sound. I closed my eyes and knew it was Chris. I could feel his emotions. Before we could stop him, Brett went on the offense.

"Wait! Wait! Brett! This is his place. It's his." Scott yelled at Brett who stood in Chris's face growling. I stepped up and pulled Brett back.

"Calm down, it's okay," I told him. He nodded and moved back near his Alpha.

"Scott, Mac. If you bring in guests, you could have called." Chris said.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"I didn't have anywhere else to take them," Scott explained. Chris looked over toward Satomi's pack.

"I know this man. He may not remember, but we've met before." Satomi said stepping forward, looking at Chris warily.

"You can trust him. I trust him." Scott said.

"How do we know he's not like the others?" Satomi asked.

"What others?" Chris asked confused.

"Last night, there was a whole team after them. And they used crossbows." Kira said, handing Chris an arrow from the hunters that we had pulled out of someone earlier.

"They're hunters, aren't they?" Scott asked him.

"Not if they're killing for profit. Not anymore." Chris said, his face dark. Chris was strict about the moral code of hunting, even if he technically wasn't a hunter anymore.

"Can they find us?" Brett asked.

"They might already know you're here. Maybe they're waiting for dark." Chris answered honestly.

"Well, that's just peachy," Isaac muttered.

"So we're not safe here?" Kira sighed.

"We're not safe anywhere. We've been trying to get out for days. Everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us." Satomi pointed out.

"If they're coming, Scott, Mac, they're coming for you too. You two are still at the tops of the list."Chris said. I sighed looking down, well aware.

"I know. I know Lydia can get the answer from Meredith. She just needs more time." Scott said, being my ever-positive brother. I wasn't as confident, but I wasn't going down without a fight.

"Then that's what she'll get," Chris said.

"Got another one of those?" I asked him, eyeing the gun. He sighed deeply.

"How do you keep losing the ones I give you?" He asked me, handing me the handgun.

"I didn't have it on me, unfortunately. You know it's not my go-to." I said, taking the gun and stuffing it in my waistband.

"Isaac, help me get the sensors from the other room," Chris said shaking his head at me. The pair walked out of the room and I turned to look at Scott and Kira.

"Okay, what now?" I asked him.

"I'm gonna call Derek," Scott said, pulling out his phone. He stepped away from us to make the call. I sat on a nearby table, looking over at the other pack. They all looked terrified, huddled in the corner. Helena sat next to a young couple, trying to soothe their fears.

"I'm guessing you know how to use that," Brett asked, coming to sit next to me.

"You'd guess correctly," I said, pulling the clip out to see how many rounds were left. The clip was full, so I put it back in the gun and set it next to me. It was quiet for a few seconds before Brett spoke.

"She's the only family I have left," Brett said, clenching his fists. I looked up at him and saw him staring at his sister. "My parents died when I was younger. I promised them and myself that I'd always look after her."

"I'm sorry to hear about your parents," I said, placing a comforting hand on his fist. He looked at me, and I could feel his sadness and fear. "You're doing the best you can for her."

"I'm doing a great job," Brett said sarcastically.

"You're trying your best and that's all that matters." I offered him. "Were they werewolves too?"

"Yeah. Just the four of us. Just a little small pack, a small family." Brett said with a sigh. "What about your parents?"

"My dad, Scott's dad. He's human." I replied.

"Your mom?" Brett asked.

"Honestly, at this point. I don't even know." I said, clenching my fist now. Even thinking about my mother was still hard for me.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to strike a nerve." He apologized.

"I just don't really talk about her," I confessed, staring at Helena. It still bothers me that they have the same face, but I could definitely see the difference in them. It's the only thing that helps me when it comes to her.

"Bad experience?" Brett asked.

"I rather not talk about it now. Gotta stay focused on the task at hand." I said, trying to get him to drop the subject. He nodded his head, dropping back in silence.

"Derek and Braden should be here soon," Scott said, walking up to us.

"Heads up," Isaac said, tossing me a crossbow. I caught it and looked down at it, unsure.

"You know how to use this too?" Brett asked, shocked. "If you weren't on the Deadpool, I'd think you were a hunter yourself."

"I learned from one of the best ones," I said with a small smile. I looked down at it again. I looked between my brother and best friend. "I don't know guys. I haven't used one of these since-" stopping short of finishing.

"It's just extra protection. Can't really go throwing fireballs willy-nilly." Isaac said with a small smile. He handed me a quiver of arrows.

"You're right," I said. I clenched the crossbow in my hand. "I miss her."

"Me too." He said, coming to sit on the other side of me.

———————

I don't know why this scene is giving me so much trouble to write, but I'm going to just push it out. Hopefully, come out with some good material.

Don't forget that I have a Tumblr page where you can go and read and request stories as well. I write all types of stories from all types of fandoms. The link is on my profile.

Let me know what you think?

1062 words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.