三十一 | Second Child

Mina's POV

I woke up with a feeling of his arms wrapping around me, and my side on his chest. I was still laying on him as I looked up at his face still sleeping peacefully. I carefully moved my arm to trace my finger along his jawline and then, carefully cupping his face. My thumb was moving in circles, rubbing his cheek as a sheepish smile curving on my face.

After the attack happened two weeks ago, he's been doing that thing he used to be doing, hacking, and started building another safehouse under our house in Toronto. He must feel very tired. As I recalled that he's been ignoring his workout routine just to do research on what happened two weeks ago. I still don't know how can he keep his smile although I know how tired he must be, and sometimes I need to remind him to take breaks to have his lunch or dinner.

My thoughts brought me to a concern that I think most wives would understand if their husbands are acting like this. This feeling made my lips subconsciously pressed tight on each other. This feeling lasted for minutes long with my thumb gently rubbing his face, and after minutes I can see my movements were stirring him awake. "Ohayou, Kurogami." I softly said as I smile upon his face slowly awakened from his sleep.

He returned the smile back at me with his arm moving, smoothing along my back towards my nape as he pulled my head closer so he could kiss my forehead. "Ohayou, Minari." I heard his voice through his chest, greeting me back. "How was your sleep? You look very peaceful this morning." I asked as I can feel our breathing were in sync with each other. "Ne, I was very tired. Well, I'm actually still very tired." He chuckled at his words and I joined him with a small laugh. "Mhmm... I can see that on your face, Kurogami." This time, I giggled. "What time is it?" He asked and I shrugged my left shoulder.

"I think we need to get up now, Minari. It's Shion's first day of school." He curved a teasing frown. "Are we going to take Shion to school together?" My lips pursing a pout while my eyebrows slightly furrowing upward. "But I thought we promised to Shion to never take her to school anymore." My lower lip jutted slightly. He kissed my forehead again as he continued to let out a small laugh. "But we still have to get up so you can pack Shion's lunch for school." He tightened his wrapping arms around me.

He still wants to stay in bed longer. I giggled while he starts to snuggle his face on me. I let him be a baby for a couple of minutes before I heard a knock on our bedroom door. "Too-san, kaa-san. Are you two awake?"

"Ne, Kurogami. Shion is already waiting outside." He peck my lips before we get out of bed. He put on his clothes, while I wrapped myself with black silk robe and tying a knot so it doesn't come off. I heard the door opens as I quickly turn my head to see Ren coming out first but he stopped at the door and smiled. "What are you waiting for, Minari? C'mon." He gestured his head for me to come his way while I see Shion peeking her head in with a smile.

"Ohayou, kaa-san." Shion giggled with a wide grin on her face. "Heh? You already took a shower, Shion?" I noticed she's ready with her outfit. "Are you going to go to school with a hoodie again, Shion?" I asked as we walked outside of the room, going to the kitchen. Ren embraced his arm on my shoulders and as we are at the kitchen. "Kaa-san, do we still have yakisoba leftover in the fridge?" I hummed quickly in response, "we still have a lot." Ren checked inside the fridge and I saw him getting it out. "I want to bring that to school."

"For lunch?" I could hear Ren asking and Shion replying with a double hum. I started to heat up the pan, drizzling a healthy amount of oil to coat the pan. "Kurogami, can you bring out the eggs please?" Immediately I saw to my right, Ren putting down the eggs and kissing me again. "You're quite a kisser this morning, jagi." I teasingly smirked at him while his hands tenderly rubbing my stomach.