三十九 | Dusan Nemec

Clara's POV

Shit! My location is compromised!

As I hurriedly deleting my computer's data and packing my stuff, a loud ding came from the elevator. Then, a rush of hard footsteps came in as I turned around, startled by a group of armed thugs pointing their guns at me. One guy knocked with the stock and pinned my neck on the desk.

"Data wipe completed." My system said aloud from the speakers around us.

"Sir, the data has been fully wiped." One of the female thugs said to their leader. "It's okay. Our objective today is taking this bitch here." The man who pinned me, answered, and pushed his elbow giving more strain to my neck.

"Give me handcuffs!" The men who pinned me, called. Clinks from the handcuffs were heard, and with that, my wrists were promptly pulled together and tied with the cuffs. "You are—" I kicked back at the men's foot making him fall on my back and shoulder-butt him off me.

I tried to run as quick as possible for the exit but then a gunshot was fired along with a sharp pain on my chest and gasped at the pain. I looked down to my chest to discover a hole in my chest and red shadows spreading around it.

My vision became blurry and loud ring was pounding my head. The tips of my fingers became cold as I noticed my vision suddenly covered with red tint and soon the red blinded my eyes and I fell to the ground. The noise around slowly faded away as I felt I'm losing all controls of my body, and all went blank.

[...]

I saw myself standing in the middle of nothingness with somehow, a spotlight above me.

"This is all the data regarding Amamiya Ren."

I saw myself in that meeting with Dermot Quinn, giving a thumb drive in exchange for a suitcase full of money. This was my mistake.

"Just like the agreement, one hundred million dollars."

Dermot Quinn opened the suitcase to show me the money. Is this hell?

"I have to tell you his contract killing records are really hard to collect and judging from what I've seen. He's not a man to be messed with."

I saw how hideous I looked like when I was excited about the money and not knowing the consequences. What I did was unforgivable.

But then suddenly, the shadows vanished into thin air. And promptly shifted into another resentment of mine. The day I realized my mistake. When I knew the black viceroys attacked Ren's daughter.

"That FUCKER!! IS HE INSANE?! THE FUCK IS HE ATTACKING AN INNOCENT GIRL?!"

And I saw myself slamming my fist over and over on my desk. This is hell.

"Clara, chill down. We can work this out."

I saw Jordi's shadow appears cupping my shoulders. Jordi.
And suddenly, everything vanished again except Jordi. Jordi's shadow approached me. His tacky beard and colour matchups somehow made me feel sombre.

This sombre feeling soon weighed my heart, knowing that I'll be really not going to meet him again. I've taken all my time with him for granted.

His shadow smiled at me with that usual finger gun pointed at me. And that made my tears flowing down my cheeks as I tried to reach and cup his face. His shadow felt so real in my hands, yet I know that everything is all over for us.

We were partners in this small part of cruel world. And even though, I always found myself disgusted by his tacky behaviour, a small part of my heart wants us to be real. A partner for life.