四十 | New Age

Your POV

Six months have passed. The official launch of CTOS 2.0 was five months ago. We're currently below the radar. Without any single trace of my past careers; without Mina's past successful career. Just a regular civilian who lives under the rule of Japanese government. Yes, we decided to move back to Japan, avoiding Dušan Nemec with his Blume corporates and authorities. Though, Blume's server bank was already established for long here in Japan. At the city of Shibuya, Tokyo.

After lengthy discussions about whether we should stay in Canada or not, we ended up deciding to move back to Japan. And I sold all my properties in Korea and Canada. But I'm keep my underground safe houses. I bought a new house in my hometown, Hakone.

The city is very far away from Shibuya. And the house I bought wasn't expensive, the maintenance fee was also inexpensive; hopefully it won't attract anything bad to happen. We live as the regular Amamiya; Amamiya Ren and Amamiya Mina. Shion still goes to school like other regular kids. And we've been started our new life as regular citizen for four months now.

It took me a while to erase and reset the profiler data in CTOS 2.0; not to mention their new big brother and little brother infrastructure and took a peek the data they're storing there. The big brother is basically the old CTOS 1.0 databank and algorithm but now, it is enhanced by the little brother infrastructure and created new level of security which said to be fool proof and secure.

And they are not kidding, the new CTOS 2.0 is now more invasive and secure system that Blume has every made; enabling more possibilities for Blume to record all of your personal data and even, personal behaviour. What I didn't know about was the involvement of the government authorities; funding the project in the mission to monitor and dictates their civilian voices and behaviours towards the liking of the niche of the favourable political parties.

They spent years developing the first system to put the first steppingstone of smart city and they did; they were successful and very proud of themselves until I managed to write few hundred lines of codes to crack and cripple the system. But enough with the explanations, right now we're faced with a new problem.

The new CTOS 2.0 has invaded lots of personal space that every single movement you do, it is recorded in Blume's databank which then sorted out into this profiling system that profiles every single person. Now every thing in your household will record every single personal data. Furniture, electrical appliance, children's toys, and more. They've outdid themselves and they are proud.

The news was excited. Even the Japanese government was proud to present their collaboration with Blume. Server's building infrastructures were funded directly by the government, establishing new ties with the American government; Blume bridging two different nations and ideologies. But all that's left is the personal data and privacy violations which the Japanese seemed to have turned a blind eye.

Mina's touch of my face broke my thoughts, bringing me to look down at her. "Don't let the news get into your head, Kurogami." I hummed affirming her reminder and leaned closer to kiss her softly. Mina knew my worries about this new CTOS 2.0; about how invasive it is to our private lives.

After we moved back to my hometown, I had to renovate our home so it can be a point blank to the CTOS 2.0 data connection. Every electronics we get, I had to strip them off and reassemble them without the CTOS integrated motherboard so they cannot collect our private data.

In the past couple of months, I've also noticed the birth of a new hacktivist group called DedSec. The name that once was used by Clara resurfaced again as a group campaigning against Blume in Silicon Valley, California.

[...]

Mina's POV

It was mid-afternoon, and we were enjoying ourselves with the television on reporting some news. Ren's arms were around my shoulders, lying in the fluffy sofa on our sides with my back leaning against him. The news started to talk about a specific topic about the agreement of the funding Blume's server building infrastructure going very well, and the constructions was predicted to be done in the summer of 2036.