二十四 | Charity Match

Mina's POV

As the whistle blew, Ren was tackled, and I saw he was lying on the field with his hands covering his eyes. The referee jogged near him as the medical team came into the field. I hope he's okay. I thought as I saw the medical team started to spray something to his ankle. Ren got up with the help from one of the opposing teams and he slowly walks away his sprained ankle.

The game continues with Ren getting to a shooting position where the tackling happened. Ren kicked the ball up high, passing to Seojoon in the front lines, bringing the ball closer to the goalkeeper and he passed it away. Jinyoung received the ball and not long after, he shot it but missed. The crowds were disappointed, "kaa-san, will too-san be okay?" I turned to look at Shion standing beside me with her worried looks, and it was the same for me as well.

"Let's pray for too-san to be okay." I smiled at her pouting face and she looked back at the field, following the match. The opposing team gets right back into it. With long passes executed perfectly like a pro they are, and their teamwork is showing that they're the national team of South Korea.

Eventually, the ball got passed the penalty area of Ren's team and the goalkeeper, Jung Haein, got to his stance ready to catch the ball. The player from the opposing team passed the ball to their right wing, shot it straight to the goal. The ball went passed goal line. The goalkeeper failed to catch the ball as I hear the crowds are split, some were cheering, and some were disappointed.

The score is now 3 to 2 with 3 is the opposing team and 2 is Ren's team. The scores were pretty close, but the match is surely coming to an end. The match continues as the goalkeeper kicks the ball passed halfway line with Ren receiving the ball, using his chest and then, he started dribbling the ball towards the goal.

I can saw him having difficulties with his sprained ankle but being the man that he is. He's always pushing through his limits and sometimes what made me worry about him. Don't force yourself, Kurogami. I thought as I saw him passing the ball to another midfielder on the left wing, Ji Changwook.

Ji Changwook kicked a high pass towards Seojoon in the front of the penalty arch and immediately passing it to Jinyoung. Jinyoung shot his chance and the ball went in. The crowds started to cheer aloud with the scores are now equal with 3 points on each side. The whistle blew, signing that the full match has ended, and they're all lined up. Going the opposite directions, shaking hands, giving high-fives while my eyes were fixed on Ren slowly limping his way out of the field.

[...]

I am now waiting outside of the locker room of Ren's team, sitting on a bench by the entrance door. Shion was sitting beside me, playing with her phone, taking pictures for her social media, and finally, Ren walked out of the locker room, still in the same state I last saw him. "Yo, Minari." He chuckled as he slowly walking his way to sit on the bench beside me. "Is it bad? Does it still—"