三十七 | Out of Luck (Part 1)

Your POV

"Ho? I thought you're not coming?" To see Jordi walking towards ready with his firearms, I was a bit surprised. "Well, I changed my mind because of what you said. You've made things awkward between us."

"Us? Ho? So you're telling me that there's something sparking between you guys?" Smirking at him, I received a nudge using the nozzle of his M4 rifle. "By the way, why don't you bring your vykhlop?"

"What? You want to use it?" Jordi nodded, "if you gave me the permission, yes." I pointed with my head at the car I rented, parked across the street, and Jordi left to grab the rifle.

"Shit, Ren. How much money do you make a year? This car is expensive."

"I do not own that car, Jordi. I rent it." I replied to Jordi's comms and pulled out my phone from my pocket. It's almost five o'clock and the business seminar is almost over in Merlaut hotel. "Okay, Defalt. Can you hack into the security mainframe of the hotel?" My glasses pinged me and immediately, silhouettes of live security footage were streamed straight into my glasses.

"Security mainframes are hacked, Ren. The task is done."

"Thank you Defalt." I observed the footage closely, sorting through each camera and found the hall where the seminar took place. Going back and forth of all cameras available there, I finally found my target. Quinn was at backstage, preparing for his appearance on stage. "There. You. Are." Murmuring softly to myself, I felt my breathing gets heavier and I could feel the emotions inside me started to flood.

"I'm going to make you pay." My jaw was clenched as I saw Quinn started to appear on stage while I start walking inside the hotel. I started by surfing through the crowds. Taking advantage of the crowded visitors today, and I took my way towards the hall. It was heavily guarded. And each guard is equipped with metal detector sticks, it was like a checkpoint before entering the hall.

"Ren, just wait for the seminar to end. In the invitation, it said to end around 6 or 7, over."

"Got it, over."

[...]

Mina's POV

"This is BBC news reporting you live from Chicago—"

"Minari~"

"Hai? (Yes?)" Turning around to look over to Hinami sitting against the kitchen counter, Hinami pointed at the TV as she sips her water from the glass in her hand. "Sore wa nii-san kana? (Is that my brother?)" I moved my gaze towards the TV and saw a clip of whole Chicago going dark.

Oh, Ren. I giggled slightly at my thought about him. Because he's always like that. He will try to do his job quickly so he can go home. This thought made me giggle more. "What are you thinking about, Mina?"

"Oh? Nandemonai. (Nothing.)" Biting my bottom lip, my eyes were fixed towards the TV then, I felt someone poking my waist. "Kaa-san, can we borrow the TV?" I looked beside me and Shion was pouting at me. "Hmm? Nani wo shitaino? (What do you want to do?)"

"Ken and I want to play the PlayStation." Shion said while Ken is busy with his phone. "Ken~ don't just sit there and play with your phone! Help me!" Shion slapped Ken's arms, making his phone dropped to his lap. "Oi-oi! That was dangerous! Why would you do that?! Baka Shion!" Ken stood up from his seat and went to the console table to turn on the PlayStation as I nodded.

"Arigatou, kaa-san. (Thanks, mom.)" Shion smiled and kissed my cheek.

[...]

Your POV