➳ Chapter 30

I saw Tyler and Chase run forward in wolf form. They pounced on wolves tackling them to the ground. I looked over at Evan and he was just standing there like he was the king of everything.

"Skye, fight. Your friends are dying" My wolf said in my mind.

I went into wolf form and attacked the vampire that was tyrying to take a chunk out of Liam. I ran forward making my way towards Evan but group of wolves stood in front of me.

"You're a coward Evan!" I shouted at Evan.

"At least I'll be alive!" He shouted back.

"Not when I'm done with you" I attacked a wolf that was coming my way. I jumped on him and slashed at his throat. I hated this so much. I looked in the woods and saw Raven sneaking up on Tyler.

"Tyler!" I shouted. I ran forward and pounced on Raven.

"You shouldn't have come" I put my head around her and she started screaming. I closed my jaw and pulled. Her head came straight off.

"Thank you Skye!" Tyler ran off ready to kill.

"Hey Skye!" I turned around and saw Oana and Julio.

"We've come to help" Oana ran off and Julio went to stand by Caleb. They were here just incase Evan used his powers.

I ran up to Chase who was getting piled on by about three vampires. I chucked one vampire halfway across the forest by my teeth. Chase killed the last two and turned to me.

"You need to kill Evan before something bad happens" Chase ran off. I turned around and battled my way through a herd of vampires and wolves fighting for their lives.

I got to Evan but, he didn't seem to be in the circle anymore. I turned around and walked around. I saw him standing in the distance. I started to walk over to him. He didnt move. He just stood there. Caleb came up behind me.

"I'm coming with you just in case he tries something" He grabbed my hand and we walked over to Evan.

"Skye, go on try killing me" There was something about him. He looked... Different.

"This is when you die!" I pounced forward onto Evan and he dodged every pounce or slash. Caleb stood there getting ready to do something.

I closed my eyes and breathed slowly. All I could hear was Evan's evil laugh. I opened my eyes and pounced.

I held him down and slashed. I couldn't stop it. I looked down and Evan was holding his neck. Blood was spitting out of his mouth. I turned to Caleb. I started breathing heavy.

"I done it Cal! He's dead!" I was so happy.

"Uhh, Skye" Caleb gave me a worried look.

"What?"

"It's your eyes. They are red"

"What?" I shouted "they only turn red when I kill an innocent" I turned slowly to wear I killed Evan and lying on the floor was a dead Jenni.

"Oh my God! Nononono! Please no" I fell to the floor beside her.

"Ahh, the power of magic" I looked up and saw Evan walking out.

"You thought it was me, but it was Jenni all this time! How does it feel to kill your best friends mum?" He laughed and walked off. I sat there crying.

"How am I going to tell River?" I cried more holding Jenni's hand.

"Come on Jenni! Please" All of a sudden there was a sharp scream. I turned me head around and saw River running towards me.

"MUM! MUM!" River burst into tears. She fell to the floor. She pushed me to the side.

"Mum? Mum? Please. Don't do this to me. Don't die on me! I love you mum" I stepped back and wiped my eyes. Caleb bent down to help River. River stopped and looked at me.

"You, you did this Skye! You killed her! I thought you were my friend Skye! After everything we've done together you go and kill my mum! I hate you!"

"Please River! I didn't know it was Jenni! Please don't be mad at me! Please River!"

"I don't care! My mum's dead and it's your fault! I hate you" She hated me. River hated me. What's happening to me? Leon came running over.

"Jenni? Jenni?" He looked at me.

"Skye, your eyes-" he stopped.

"You killed Jenni didn't you?" Before I could explain anything River got up and ran away.

"I know there's a perfectly good reason Skye. But it will take a lot for River to forgive you" Leon ran after River leaving me staring at the dead body on the floor. What have I done?