➳ Chapter 16

I sat at the table with Caleb eating breakfast. I have been thinking all morning what to say to Chase. My phone started ringing

"Hello?"

"Hey Skye" It was Chase "I think we should talk. Meet me at the park at twelve?" I just sat there for about ten seconds before I realised I was sitting there "hello?"

"Oh yeah, sorry. Yeah sure"

"Okay see you" Then he hung up.

"Who was that?" Caleb asked me.

"It was Chase he wants to meet up"
*
*
*
When I got to the park Chase was already sitting there on the bench. He was on his phone but as soon as he saw me he put it down.

"Hey baby doll" He said showing me that annoyingly perfect smile again.

"Hey" I said sitting down.

Chase POV

I decided to ring her. I hated the fact that she hated me. I wanted to change things around.

When I got to the park she wasn't there.
I sat on the bench and went on my phone. I looked up and saw Skye walking up. She looked beautiful. She had her wavy blonde hair in a high ponytail and was wearing pink shorts and a crop top.

"Hey baby doll" I said smirking at her. She hates it when I called her baby doll.

"Hey" She said and sat next to me.

"Look, I want to apologise for everything I've done. So, I'm sorry"

"I've also been thinking. You've been going through a rough time because of Kyle so I decided we should start fresh" She looked at me with her big blue eyes.

"I think so too" I looked at her.

"Hi, I'm Skye" She held out her hand and I laughed. I shook her hand

"Hello there baby doll, I'm Chase"

"Really? Still going to call me that?" She said letting a smile slip.

"What's wrong baby doll? Makes you go all fuzzy inside?" I said cupping her face. She didn't say anything but she just stared at me.
I couldn't do this anymore. Trying my hardest to pull away I did the opposite of what I wanted and closed the gap.

She placed one of her hands on my chest and kissed me back. She kissed me for about two seconds before pulling away.

"I thought we were staring fresh?" She said to me.

"I'm sorry" I said moving away from her. I need to control my flirty side when I'm around her. She just makes me go crazy inside.
She looked down at her fingers.

Buzz.

She picked up her phone and turned to me

"Sorry. River just texted me. Emergency. I'll see you around" She said standing up.

"Wait. Where are you meeting her?"

"The school nosey" She got up and left.

Skye's POV

I could still feel Chase's lips on mine. I wanted to kiss him so bad but I knew I couldn't.

River told me to meet her at the school for some strange reason. It was a Saturday.
I walked through the school doors and called out for River. There was no answer.

"River!?" I said a little louder. A bang came from one of the classrooms down the hall.
This was a bad idea. But she was probably pulling a prank on me.

I walked through the classroom door and the door slammed behind me. I quickly turned my head around and tried opening the door. It was locked.

"shit" I mumbled under my breath.

"Well it actually worked" I turned my head around and saw Raven standing there.

"What the hell are you doing?" I shouted at her. She ran towards me and hit me with a pole made of silver. She knocked me out cold.
*
*
*
I fluttered my eyes open. My head was killing me. I moved my hand to rub my head but my hands were taped to the chair.

"Wakey wakey, Alpha Skye" Raven was standing there. She had the same bar in her hand that she hit me with.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I shouted at her.

"Well I should probably explain myself. The other day you and your friends broke into Duke's factory and killed some of his vampires. His daughter Claire was one of them. You killed his daughter. Now to pay up, I'm going to take you to him and he is going to decide what to do with you" Raven looked at me and smiled.

"You killed one of my best friends. Isn't that good enough?"

"Oh no. He wants someone who is more powerful and who is an Alpha. So in other words, you"

"I'm not going to go with you"

"Oh you have no choice. If you don't, I will kill Leon"

"You are bluffing"

"Want a bet?" She got her phone out and showed me a picture of Leon in a cell. "And also if you don't go with me. I will kill Leon and tell Chase it was you who killed his dad" She smirked at me. This was it I was going to die.

Chase POV

After Skye went off to see River I went home. I walked through the door and River and Liam were making out on the sofa.

"Oh my god! What the hell guys!" I shouted at them. River jumped off Liam and glared at me.

"What the hell are you doing? You're meant to be with Skye" River said

"Wait, Skye left because you texted her to meet her at the school" I stared at River.

"No Chase, I lost my phone"

"Then who the hell texted her" I grabbed my car keys and drove as quickly as I could to the school with River and Liam behind me. I was not going to let anything happen to her, ever.