➳ Chapter 6

I grabbed my phone and texted Caleb.

'Hey Cal, can we please meet up I need to tell you something'

'Yeah sure, in the usual place?'

'Yep'

I grabbed my bag and went to the diner we always meet at.
*
*
*
I saw Caleb sitting by a table right by the wall.

"Hey Cloud" He got up and gave me a hug. "What do you want to talk about?"

"There's something I need to tell you. Sit down" We both sat down opposite each other.

"You know how I have been 'busy' the past week"

"Yeah family stuff right?"

"Well not exactly, I have been training to be an Alpha"

"An Alpha as in a wolf?"

"Uh, yes. Please don't freak out" I begged him and put my hands up.

"Okay. I won't" He just stared at me. What the hell? Why isn't he acting all freaked out?

"Wait. You are acting really good about this" He was hiding something I knew it.

"I am?" Why doesn't he just tell me.

"What are you hiding Caleb? Just tell me" My voice started to raise.

"Fine! I'll tell you. I'm a... A witch"

"A witch!"

"Hey stop yelling!" He said. It was his turn to put his hands up.

"How long have you known? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I have known since I was fourteen. My mum told me and taught me how to use magic. I didn't tell you because-"

"Because what Caleb?" I snapped at him.

"I didn't trust you" You have got to be kidding.

"Well. I can't trust you anymore" I got up and stormed out. I can't believe he didn't tell me. And I was feeling bad that I didn't tell him sooner.
*
*
*
He doesn't trust me. Why? We have been friends our whole life and he doesn't trust me?

"Skye. Are you okay?" I turned to see River looking concerned.

"Uh yeah I'm fine" I walked away and walked into a body and nearly fell but was caught by big strong arms.

"You should be more careful" I looked up and looked right into his big green eyes.
None of us moved we just both stood there. Until River snapped us out of our 'moment'.

"Hey guys seriously, you stood there for about ten minutes just staring at each other. We have a problem" River looked at us.

"What problem?" Chase let go of me.

"A group of vampires have been seen close to here"

"Was Duke with them?" I asked I had to know.

"No. Maybe he sent them but I'm not sure. We have to get rid of them now! Before they try and kill someone"

"I'll go get Leon" Chase started walking off but I butted in.

"I'm coming" I wanted to help.

"No you're not Skye" River looked at me.

"Why not? Leon has taught me how to fight and defend myself. I can do it just let me" I begged.

"I'm not going to let you put yourself in danger. You're not an Alpha yet. Heck, you're not even a wolf yet" Chase spoke up.

"I have to Chase" I walked to my room and got my bow that Leon gave me. I walked back to my door and tried opening it. It wouldn't open. I yanked on it harder.

"Hello? Someone open the door" I yelled out.

"I can't let you kill yourself. It's for the best" It was Chase.

"Oh my god Chase open the damn door!" I heard footsteps walking down the stairs. "Get your wolf ass back here and open the bloody door!" Oh my god what an ass.