➳ Chapter 10

The wolf took over me. I used all my strength to break free from the chains.
The bottom of the chain was made of silver so I couldn't pull them off the wall. I decided just to sit here.

Leon told me to think of something that calms me down so the wolf won't take full power over me. Think Skye! What calms you. I closed my eyes and tried to think.

Chase popped into my head. My body started to calm down. I felt my heart beat get slower. I smiled. I done it.
*
*
*
"Well done Skye you made it through your first turning" Leon undid all the chains. "Did it hurt?" I gave him a playful glare.

"No! It was very relaxing" We both laughed. "Chase is up stairs if you want to go see him. I told him not to come down"

I walked up the stairs from the basement and went into where everyone was sitting.
River, Jenni and Chase were all there.

"Hey! How was it?" River came up and hugged me.

"It was... Good" I smiled at her. Chase came up and hugged me.

"I'm glad you're okay" He left a small kiss on my cheek causing me to blush.

"So you're an Alpha now?" River asked me.

"No she's not. Not yet" We all turned our heads to see Leon standing in the doorway.

"What do you mean? You said I would be alpha as soon as I turned"

"Yeah, well I left out the part about you having to kill the current Alpha" What? He couldn't just leave that bit out.

"I'm not killing anyone" I glared at him.

"Yes you are. You have to. Even though you haven't had much practice you will beat him since you are the true Alpha Skye"

"I'm done" I stormed out of the room. They accept me to kill somebody just to become a stupid Alpha? That's not happening.

"Hey Skye. Leon told me to take you out to take your mind off it. I called Lydia and Stiles and they said we could go do something if you want" I turned and saw River standing there.

"Who do I have to kill?" I completely ignored her.

"Uh- His name is Simon. He became Alpha as soon as your dad passed away" If I was going to do this. I better get it over and done with.
*
*
*
I stand facing the tallest man I had ever seen. He was the current Alpha. How was I supposed to kill him?

"Now remember Skye. He may be the Alpha but you're the true Alpha. So you are stronger than most Wolves and you can do it. Believe"

Leon walked off leaving me with Simon. Simon transformed into a full wolf. His coat was a dark brown and his eyes were brown. I had to remember to think of something special.

I went on all four paws. Wow. This transformation is so much easier than when it was the full moon.

A sharp scram filled my cheek. Simon took the first strike at me. I backed up. Simon kept hitting me with his claws. I don't have the strength to fight back.

"You are stronger than most wolves you just have to believe" Those words kept replaying in my mind. Believe. I got back up onto my paws and attacked.

I pushed Simon back onto his back and held him down. "Sorry" I whispered to Simon.

Hoping he could hear me. I slashed his throat and before I knew it he was dead.

My once white coat was splattered in blood. I got up and all the people around me bowed down.

"The new Alpha Skye" I heard someone shout. They were all cheering. I just killed a man. I do not feel like cheering. I turned back into my usual self and rushed away. I ran straight to the woods where I first met Leon. I let the tears rush down my eyes.

"Skye, don't cry" I looked up and saw Chase.

"How can I stop? I just killed a man. There is no way I'm going to be fine" I buried my head into my knees and felt a warm arm around my neck.

"It's okay to be upset. You had to do it. You're the true Alpha" I just snuggled into his arms "Everything's going to be alright"

"Yeah, I hope you're right"

I heard leaves crunching and looked up. River came rushing through the woods.

"Skye! Chase! We found Ana"