➳ Chapter 9

➳ Skye's dress

➳ Skye's dress

So tonight was my birthday party. But tomorrow was my actual birthday. River thought it would be better to have the birthday party the day before I go crazy and turn into a wolf.

Me and River were getting ready for the party. She was wearing the red dress I picked out and I was wearing a white dress with a patterned top, which River insisted on me wearing.

Caleb was coming since he is my closest friend. And I may not be talking to him at the moment but he has to come.
Chase and I haven't spoken since the other day with the whole 'it's your fault' thing. But he is still coming. And I'm glad he's coming. We need to talk.

"Come on Skye we have to go. The party is waiting for us!" I only found out the other day that River has never been to a party. That's why she is so excited.

"Calm down River! You don't have to be all jumpy" We both laughed.
*
*
*
When we got to the party it was packed.

"Who are all these people?" I looked around at the dancing bodies.

"These are some of the wolves which live close to you. I was thinking you could make friends with them. Come on I'll show you around"
River dragged me to a group of people all dancing around.

"These are my friends!" River shouted over the music "This is Kyle!" She pointed at a boy with brown hair and hazel eyes "This is Liam" She gave Liam a little grin. Something was going on between them. I could tell. "And this is Lydia!" She pointed at a girl with strawberry blonde hair and green eyes. She was pretty.

"Who's the boy on the end?" I asked and pointed my finger at him.

"I'm Stiles!" He gave me his hand and I shook it.

"So are you a wolf too?" I asked him. Still shouting.

"Unfortunately, no. I'm human" I had to laugh. All his friends were wolves and he was human.
*
*
*
We had been dancing for about an hour now and I was really thirsty.

"I'm going to get a drink!" I shouted at River who is dancing with Liam. Yep. They were totally into each other. Luckily nothing happened between her and Caleb.

I walked over to grab a drink and someone caught my eye. Chase was full on dancing with these two girls grinding against each other.

I know he wasn't mine but that just made me angry. You're not jealous Skye. Just look away.
Chase looked over at me and caught me looking. I quickly turned my head and started to feel faint.

I walked outside to get some air. I sat on one of the benches outside taking big breathes in.

"Happy birthday" I turned around and saw Chase.

"Oh uh, thanks" He started walking closer. He sat down next to me and turned towards me so I could feel his breath on me.

"I'm sorry about the other day. I lost my friend Sarah. We were close"