➳ Chapter 24

"I don't recognise the handwriting sorry" Leon said "maybe we should keep you safe Skye since it states it very clearly that they want you"

"I can take care of myself Leon! We need to find out who all the werewolves are in this town and take care of them!" My voice was stern. River and Liam came running through the door.

"Wow, slow down guys!" Leon shouted.

"Sorry.. But have you seen the news recently?" Liam said huffing.

"No. Why?" I looked at them.

"There has been another death. A boy this time" River looked at me with pleading eyes.

"We need to find out who are wolves and fast!"
*
*
*
"Okay Stiles this I what's going to happen" I invited Stiles over since he was the key to our plan "We are gonna fill the vents with wolf bane and blow them into the classrooms. If you see anyone coughing or show any signs that they are a werewolf you get them out of there straight away and send them outside! Caleb will be helping you. Got it?" I looked at him.

"Yes... I think so"

"Seriously Stiles?" Chase said crossing his arms.

"Yes. Yes I have!"

"Perfect. I'm gonna go get the wolfs bane ready" I walked out the door and went to Caleb's house and got the wolfs bane.

"You sure this is gonna work Skye?" Caleb asked me.

"I hope so"
*
*
*
"Lessons have just started" Tyler came up behind me.

"Okay" I put the wolfs bane in the vents and went outside and just waited.
*
*
*
"It's been ten minutes he should be coming out now" Lydia said to me. The doors at the front of the school bursted open and Stiles came walking out with a boy and a girl. They were gasping for air. Stiles dropped them to the floor obviously struggling to hold them up.

"W-what the hell's going on?" The boy huffed.

"We just saved your life. You're welcome" I looked at him.

"What's your name?"

"My names Tom and this is my girlfriend Jess. What's going on?"

"You need to be careful for the next couple of days. There is someone out there trying to kill werewolves. If you know any other werewolves warn them that they need to stay safe!" I looked at Tom and Jess "now go!" I shouted. They scurried away.

"What's with the shouting?" River came up.

"I just don't want anyone else dying okay! Where's Caleb?" I turned to Stiles.

"Oh, he needed a pee"

"Typical. I need to go. See you guys later"

"Where are you going?" Tyler asked me.

"Uh, stuff" I walked off.

I needed to get ready. I was going to find who was killing everyone. They wanted me so I was going to sacrifice myself so no one else will die. I know it's risky but it's the only choice.
*
*
*
It was around 10pm and I was in my jeans and black hoody. I had my bow on my back and I was on guard.

I started walking through the abandoned streets. Everyone was either in bed or inside from the cold. I heard footsteps behind me and froze in my steps. I quickly turned around and grabbed my bow

"What the hell?" I shouted at Tyler who was standing in front of me.

"Sorry, I knew you were up to something. I'm not gonna let you do this" Tyler looked at me with sympathy in his eyes.

"I have to, otherwise more people are going to die"

"No! You don't have to do this alone" He put a piece of my hair behind my ear. I nudged him off me. He gave me a hurt look but carried on talking.

"I'll hide but I will be watching everything okay"

"Okay" I watched him walk behind a building.

"Okay Skye. You can do this. Just protect yourself" I repeated to myself. All of a sudden there was a screech. I turned around and saw a man dressed all in black. His face hidden by a hood. He was holding a girl up by her neck.

"Skye, I just want you! Come with me and I will let this girl go"

"Okay! Drop the girl!" I walked slowly over to the man.

"Drop her!" I shouted. The man twisted the girls neck and she fell flat to the floor.

"Why did you do that?" I grabbed my bow and aimed an arrow at his heart. The man moved and it hit him just below his heart. I howled and turned into my wolf. I pounced at him.

He hissed at me and came at me. I tried slashing at him. He grabbed a knife from his belt and stabbed me in the side. I turned back into human and held my shoulder.

"You can't escape me Skye" I jumped forward and pulled the mans hood down.

"Duke?" The man hurried off into the shadows leaving me standing there holding my shoulder. I was brought back to reality by big strong arms holding me.

"Skye! Are you okay?" I turned around and saw Tyler. He hugged me and I buried my head into his neck. "Come on let's go" He took my hand and we walked home.
*
*
*
"What do you mean it was Duke?" Stiles looked at me.

"I-It was Duke" I was back home. Me, Tyler, Stiles, River and Chase were all sitting in the living room. Tyler was holding my hand rubbing it with his thumb.

"I pulled down his hood and saw him. But there was something about him. He looked... He looked different"

"What do you mean different?" River asked me.

"Like a twin" Leon came out of nowhere.

"What?" I looked at him.

"It's not Duke. It's his Twin Evan" Leon sat down.

"Duke has a twin!" Stiles shouted.

"I'm afraid so" Leon looked down

"I hate twins" Chase snarled at Tyler.

"Hey man!" Tyler snarled back.

"Hey guys cut it out! I happen to like twins!" I stopped them.

"Oh please! Shut up Skye!" Chase glared at me.

"Don't speak to me like that you jerk. I will come over there and -"

"Enough!" Leon cut me off. I glared at Chase.

"How did he know we were here?" River asked.

"Raven" I said plainly.

"What?" River looked at me.

"Raven told him I killed his brother. He's here for revenge"

"We will kill him! You killed Duke you can kill Evan" Stiles looked happy.

"It's not that simple" Leon looked at us.

"Why not?" Tyler looked at him.

"Evan is not just a vampire but he is also a witch. One of the most powerful of witches. You know how you're the Alpha, well he is kinda like the Alpha of the vampires. He is very dangerous. Don't mess with him" Leon was serious.

"We can do it" Tyler squeezed my hand harder. I was going to kill him.