➳ Chapter 1

➳ Skye - Ashley Benson

"Skye, I asked you to wash the dishes!" My mum screamed at me from the bottom of the stairs.
Every time she shouts it makes a shiver shoot down my spine.

"I'm doing my homework, it's due in tomorrow!" I shout back at her with just as much anger.

"I don't care, you come down stairs now or I will come up there!"
When my mum means she will come up here she means she will come up to my room and beat me. My life has gone downhill ever since my dad died.

My dad and I were so close, we did everything together. My mum was never really involved with me in my childhood, but now she has no choice but to 'look' after me. She does a pretty bad job at it.
*
*
*
When I finished washing the dishes I tried to dodge my mum but it failed.

"Skye, get in here now!" Ana, my mum shouted again.

I walked in with my head bowed down trying not to make eye contact.

"Look at me now" I looked up into her dark brown eyes and tried to hold the tears in "When I ask you to do something you do it straight away. You don't go and do your homework. That's not important. You do what I say straight away. Now you go straight to bed now and forget your homework" Her eyes piercing into my soul as she spat.

"But I have to do my homew-" I was cut off by a hot feeling on my left cheek burning up.

"Get up those stairs now!" my mums voice raising at every sentence.

I hurried up the wooden stairs as fast as I could nursing my cheek. I slammed my bedroom door shut and let all the tears rush out. I just wanted my life to change for the better. I hated it here.

I went to the bathroom and got a cold flannel and held it to my cheek. Why does she do this? How does this help her? I never understood why she was always in a foul mood every second of the day.

I put my pyjamas on and pulled the covers right up to my chin. I took a glance at the picture of my dad and I on my wall and stared right into his eyes. I had ice blue eyes just like my dad. That's the one thing I got from my dad. His hair was brown but mine is blonde.

"I miss you dad. I wish you were here with me just one more time. I really need some happiness in my life"
I closed my eyes and finally drifted off. This was the only part of the day I loved. When all the pain drifts away and I can finally dream.