➳ Chapter 2

➳ Caleb - Steven R McQueen

Every morning was the same routine - wake up eat breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth, do hair and wait for my best friend Caleb to pick me up.

My mum never wakes up to make my breakfast or even say hello to me. I have to do everything myself.

I sat in the kitchen waiting for Caleb. Caleb is the only person that actually cares about me. His mother pays for stuff I need which my mother refuses to pay, which is why she's my real mother.

*Knock* *Knock*

Jumping off the counter, I grabbed my bag and opened the door.

"Hey Cal" He gave me a quick hug before we got in the car.

"Hey Cloud" He always calls me Cloud since there are clouds in the sky and my name is Skye. It's stupid, I know. but it's what he has always called me.
*
*
*
It was last lesson and there is only ten minutes left. I sat there hitting my pen on the table trying to ignore the boredom that was chemistry.

"Skye please pay attention" The teacher snapped me out of my dream.

"Oh uh, sorry Miss" She just rolled her eyes and carried on doing what she was doing.

I always dream of having a proper family and having a brother. But it always makes me more depressed.

Finally the buzzer went. I walked out of class and went to meet Caleb and Eve my other best friend.

"Hey Skye!" Eve waves at me walking down the hall.

Oh what a surprise she was walking with the popular people yet again. Ever since she has been hanging out with Yasmin she has been acting stuck up and a control freak.

"Caleb said to meet him at the gates" Eve said pushing me in the direction of the door.

"Okay okay, no need to push me" She let go and started to walk beside me.

"So, is your mum still a bitch?"

"Why do you always ask that? Of course she is she is never going to change. So can we please change the subject!" I yell at Eve.
She knew it was a sensitive subject but she just can't help herself.

"Oh look, there's Caleb" Eve points.
He was leaning against a wall on his phone but soon stopped as soon as he saw us coming.

"Hey girls. Where do you want to go today?" We always went out somewhere after school. It was kind of a tradition.

"I'm sorry guys I can't. I have to go home otherwise my mum will shout" I say looking at the time.

"Awe, okay. See you tomorrow" Caleb and Eve gave me a hug and I started to walk home. It would take much longer to get home if I walked, but I had no choice.
*
*
*
I was walking home when I spotted a man across the road from me. Just standing there, staring.
I started to stare back at him clearly confused.
My eyes stayed glued on him as I watched him walk off.

"Perv" I whispered under my breath. Returning to my walk home.
*
*
*
As soon as I got home I turned around and my eyes landed on someone who was standing in my living room. He was taller than my mum and had greyish hair.

"Hey Skye, come here. My new friend here wants to have a few slaps at you"

She's drunk. Perfect. I hated it when she was drunk.

"No Ana. I'm staying here" She got up and walked towards me, taking a few tumbles as she struggled to walk towards me. She pulled up her hand and slapped me. The slap wasn't as hard I was expecting but it still hurt.

"Jack, come here come have a go but punch her instead. She has been very naughty" She laughed in my face. The smell of alcohol smothering her breath.

I tried to get away but my mum held me with a tight grip. Jack came over clicking his knuckles with a grin plastering his face.

I struggled to break free, wriggling from my mothers grip.
I gripped my hands around her wrists squeezing them. She yelped in pain as she pulled them away.

My gaze froze as I saw Jacks fist fly into my jaw. I could feel the pain rushing through my mouth.
My mum and Jack stood back and started laughing. They thought this was funny? I could feel the blood in my mouth. I have had enough, I can't stand this anymore.

I stood up and ran straight out the door. I wasn't going to live like a toy anymore. I had no where to go.
I couldn't go to Caleb's since he has family over and Eve wouldn't have me since she 'hangs' out with Yasmin all the time.

I ran straight into the woods. I always liked the woods ever since I have been little.
Me and my dad always went to the woods to see what birds we could find. It always managed to make me happy.

I sat down by a tree and started to cry. I had nothing. If I go back there my mum would hurt me.

I darted my head up at the sound of leaves crunching.
I sat there still as a statue looking around. I looked over at the tree opposite and watched as a man came stalking out from behind the tree.

"What's a young girl like you doing sitting here all alone crying?" The man said. He had a dark voice. It kind of scared me just the way he spoke.

"I'm just getting some fresh air" I slowly stood up using the tree to balance myself and turned around to walk away but the man soon stood straight in front of me grinning at me.

"No, no, no little girl. You can't escape me" The man grabbed my head and fear struck me as I watched his once small teeth slowly form into fangs.

I tried to get away but his grip was too strong.
I let out a piercing scream and he injected my neck with his ice cold fangs.
The man started to suck at my neck, making me weaker and weaker. My scream slowly died down as my eyesight blurred and my head throbbed.

My eyes became heavy and droopy. Just as my eyes were closing I caught site of a wolf jumping out from the woods. The brown wolf attacked the man and he placed his big brown paws on the mans torso.
The man struggled to escape the wolfs grip.

The brown wolf put its large mouth around the mans head and ripped the mans head off like it was a piece of paper.
I tried to move but my body was too weak. The whole world was spinning.

The wolfs green eyes looked at me and started walking towards me. I must've blinked as the wolf was nowhere to be seen. But instead a man with brown hair came to my aid.

"It's okay. You're safe now" The man had a calming voice unlike the monsters. His voice made my eyes fall heavier and everything went black.