➳ Chapter 27

Caleb came knocking on my bedroom door.

"Hey Cal, what do I owe this pleasure?" I smiled at him.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked.

"Sure, no one's getting changed" Caleb walked in and closed the door.

"Well, I've spoken to my parents and they said that I can stay until I know for definite that you're safe from you know who... Evan"

"That's amazing!" I gave him a massive hug.

"So I can look after you" He gave me a hug back.

"But, it can't be longer than three weeks. Our house is like empty" Caleb frowned.

"I'm really gonna miss you Cal, you will always be my brother" I kissed him on the cheek.

"I heard Jenni's making cookies... DIBS ON THE COOKIE DOUGH!" I ran out the door with Caleb just behind me. We ran into the kitchen and looked at the table.

"Where's the cookie dough?" I asked faster than I expected it to come out.

"Oh, River just took it" I'm having deja vu. Caleb ran out the kitchen.

"Get off me!!" I heard shouting from the living room and ran in. I saw Caleb on top of River trying to take the cookie Dough.

"Grab it Skye!" Caleb shouted.

"Okay!" I ran over to where River was holding out her arm. I grabbed the dough from her hand and looked at Caleb.

"Give it to me now Skye!" Caleb looked at me.

"Uhhh, Nah" I shoved the cookie dough into my mouth and enjoyed the taste. "Mmmm" I laughed.

"No fair" River pulled a pouty face.

"Hey River" Jenni came walking in.

"Do you want to see your grandparents today?" Jenni asked River.

"Sure, let me go get ready" River got up and ran upstairs.

"Thanks for making her happy. It means a lot" Jenni smiled and walked back to the kitchen. Leon came walking down the stairs.

"Hey Leon, I was wondering, how are the other wolves suppose to find us if this place is like... A secret?" I looked at Leon.

"Well, I don't know but I don't think they are coming" Leon sat down.

"What do you mean?" Caleb joined in.

"Well, they haven't spoken to me since the other day and they were suppose to be here now but don't seem to be"

"Yeah but-" I was interrupted with Chase falling down the stairs.

"Phahahahaha!" I burst out laughing. I couldn't contain myself.

"Hey! That's not funny it hurt!" Chase brushed himself down.

"I don't care, it was funny"

"Hey, wanna go get some food with the others?" Chase asked me.

"Who? Like Tyler?" I gave him a weird look.

"Why not?"
*
*
*
We went to our normal diner and ordered the same. The waiter came back over and gave us our food.

"Hey Josh" I said to the waiter "I haven't seen Kelly in ages, can I speak to her?" Kelly was the manager of this place and we were quite close.

"Uhh, sorry Skye but Kelly is off due to family problems but she left someone else in charge. I'll go get him" Josh left through the door.