➳ Chapter 11

"What is this place?" River took me down a to a place I had never been before. The walls were covered in vines and it was cold and dark.

"We call it the dungeons. Whenever a supernatural creature goes crazy or we just need to lock them up they go here" River unlocked a door to a set of stairs. I followed her down.

"So, do I have like a scent or something which shows that I'm an Alpha?" I looked at River. I didn't know how people could tell if I was an Alpha or not.

"You really don't know anything do you?"
I just looked at her puzzled. She pulled back her hair and showed me a tattoo behind her ear. It was of a wolf's paw. "See this, every wolf has one. You had one as soon as you turned. But as an Alpha you have two paws instead of one" I rubbed my finger behind my right ear and felt bumps.

"So people can tell what kind of wolf you are by the tattoos?"

"Yes" River opened a cell door and walked in. "Hey! Ana! Wake up!"

River shouted at the lump sitting on the bed. The women got up and looked at me.

"What is she doing here?" Ana showed me her fangs and hissed.

"I want to talk Ana. I want to know who turned you?" She just laughed.

"Why would I tell you Skye?" She spat at me.

"Because if you don't tell me I will take your daylight ring off you and open that curtain and let all the sunlight in and watch you burn. Now, tell me who turned you!" My voice raised. Ana crawled into a corner.

"D-Duke. It was Duke"
*
*
*
"What does Duke want with Ana?" I was with Leon and Chase.

"I told you. He's threatened by Alpha's. He probably turned Ana so she can get to you since she knows you"

"That's stupid! If he wanted to get to me why didn't he use someone I would actually go close to?"

"I have no idea. We were going to let Ana go later"
Leon looked at me and I was about to say something but Chase beat me.

"No! Why would you let her go when she wants to kill Skye? That's just stupid" He has a point.

"So what do you want me to do with her?" Leon asked Chase.

"Kill her"

"What!" I shouted at him. "Yeah I hated her but I don't want to kill her!"

"Skye is right Chase. I'll take care of it okay?"
Leon got up and walked away.

I felt warm hands grip mine. I looked up at Chase who intertwined our fingers.

"Aren't you suppose to be getting ready for school?" Chase looked at me.

"It's Sunday. School's tomorrow" He just smiled at me.

"I have to go. I- I won't see you tomorrow" Chase looked at me.

"Why not?"

"I have something to do" He walked off. What does he have to do?
*
*
*
I was walking through school with River.

"So what's going on with you and Chase" River winked at me "Are you together?"

"No, we're not" I said elbowing her.

"Wait. He hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend but you kiss each other anyway?"

"We've kissed once and that's it"

"Yeah. Well I think you are cute together"

Ring ring.

"That's my phone. I'll see you at lunch River" River walked off and I answered my phone. "Hello?"

"Skye we need to talk. It's about Ana" it was Leon
*
*
*
I ran straight into the house and Leon was standing there.

"What's up?" I sat down next to Leon.

"I went down this morning to go get Ana and... And she was dead"

"What? How is she dead?"

"She had her throat slashed open. I looked at the claws and it was a wolf"
I just sat there. Who would kill her? And then it hit me.

"Do you know where Chase is?"

"Yeah, I think he said he went over his friends house, Calum I think it was. Why?"

"Just wondering, I'll see you later"

I knew Chase killed her I'm not upset over her death just upset that Chase didn't listen to me. Why would he do this?
*
*
*
I knocked hard on the door three times. A boy a bit older than me with blonde hair answered.

"Hey, who are you?" I'm guessing he was Calum.

"I'm here for Chase" I had no facial expression.

"Oh, you're his girlfriend Skye"
Girlfriend? He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend? I just rolled my eyes.

"Just get Chase"

Calum walked back in and I could here him talking to Chase. Chase walked out.

"Hey babydoll. What are you doing he-"

Before he could finish his sentence I slapped him right across his face.

"Why did you do it? I told you not to" I was ready for a rant. I love rants.

"Wow! Calm down Skye. What are you talking about?" Chase rubbed his cheek.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You killed Ana."

He just stared at me. His face was blank. I knew he did it. I turned around and started walking away. Chase stopped me.

"I had to Skye. If they let her go she would've killed you"

"I don't care you didn't listen!" I turned around but looked back.

"And by the way. I was never your girlfriend and never will be"

Those words were harsh. Where did they come from? Well he deserved it. He killed Ana.