➳ Chapter 14

Duke knew we were there. It was his plan. He knew if one of us dies we would back down. And it worked.

We were walking through the woods and saw everyone else standing round. They all started shouting stuff like is he dead? But they were talking about Duke. They didn't see Kyle lying dead in Chase's arms.

"Look guys, there's something we need to tell you" But before I could say anything Lydia screamed and ran towards Kyle.

Her hands started shaking. Lydia and Kyle were like me and Caleb. They were best friends. I felt her pain. If I lost Caleb I don't think I would be able to carry on life.

River and Liam were hugging. I felt so bad for Lydia. She sat on the floor grasping Kyles dead hand.

"W-what happened" Lydia looked at Chase. Tears in her eyes.

"He got stabbed by a vampire" Chase didn't seem affected. He just stood there as if nothing happened.

"Why didn't you stop him?" She looked at me "You're supposed to be the alpha. Why didn't you save him!" Lydia started shouting at me. Her voice raising. I didn't stop her from shouting as I know she is going through a lot right now. Lydia got up and came towards me. "Why didn't you save him?" She was about to attack me but Chase stopped her.

"Calm down Lydia. It's no ones fault okay" Lydia turned around and fell to the ground.

"I'll take her home" Stiles picked Lydia up and took her to his car.

"It's not your fault" Chase came up to me.

"It is. I saw the man come out of the shadows. I could have stopped him" I put my hands to my head in frustration.

"It's not your fault Skye! You couldn't have possibly known he was going to kill him. Come on. It's time to go" I walked in front of Chase. Caleb came up to me and gave me a side hug

"I'm just glad you are okay Cloud" Caleb let go.

"Yeah, me too"
*
*
*
It was only me and Caleb in school. Everyone else was having time off school. I was in Chemistry when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" Mrs. Thomas said.

The door opened. The head teacher walked in with a girl.

"This is Raven. Everyone make her welcome" The head teacher walked out and Raven came and sat by me.

I had a whiff of dog. She can't be a werewolf can she? I looked at her. She gave me a smile. She knew that I knew that she was a werewolf. What is she doing here?
*
*
*
"What do you mean she's a werewolf?" Caleb and I were sitting outside since it was a warm day.

"I could smell her. She was definitely a werewolf" I looked around and saw Raven walking towards us.

"Oh my god. That's her" Caleb turned his head towards the girl.

"Hey, is it okay if I sit with you guys since I have no other friends?" Raven asked us.

"Yeah sure" I gave Caleb a glare. Why did he do that. Raven sat down and I stared right into Caleb's eyes. This was the most awkward silence ever.

"So, does anyone have History last?" Raven looked at us.

"Yeah, I do" Caleb smiled at her.

"Good, I won't be alone" They shared a smile for a bit. Something about her bugged me. I don't know what. I just don't like her.
*
*
*
When I got home only River and Liam were there.

"Oh hey Skye" Liam gave me a smile.

"I heard there's a new girl in school. Is she a werewolf?" River looked up at me.

"Yeah. I think she is" I looked at them

"Maybe you should invite her over"
Now Liam wants to talk to her.

"I don't think she would want to"

"Don't be silly. Me and River are going back to school tomorrow we will ask her then" He got up and left. Great. They have already replaced Kyle.

"You okay Skye?" River asked me.

"I don't trust Raven. I don't know. Just something about her"

"Well if you don't trust her I don't" River smiled at me. I gave her a hug and went to get some food.

I went in the fridge and found a slice of cake.

"Yes!" I said to myself. I closed the door and Leon was standing there.

"Holy macaroni! Don't do that!" I glared at Leon.

"Sorry Skye. I haven't seen you in ages. How are you and Chase?" Did he have to mention Chase. Out of all the bloody people in the world.

"Well nothing ks happening between us if that's what you're on about"

"He really likes you mind. And he needs you right now. He just lost his best friend. Go easy on him"

"He doesn't seem upset"

"He has a weird way of getting over stuff"

"I'll think about forgiving him" I took my cake into the living room and ate it.
I really don't trust Raven.