31. Battles far away.

"What you did to Jihyun is not right, tae. I am sorry for that day, it was also my fault, I know. But Jihyun had nothing to do with this. You were drunk that day, he wasn't." Jimin narrated, holding the coffee mug close to his mouth, inhaling the warm scent of the fresh black coffee. Taehyung had the same expressionless face since he entered the cafe 10 minutes ago.

"I know. I have already apologized." Taehyung admitted, playing with the mugs handle, while his eyes gazed at the children playing outside the cafe.

"He told me. But that's not what he wants. He wants your love. He loves you, taehyung." Jimin eyes searched for a particular emotion on Taehyung's face, but to his favor it wasn't there. Instead what he got was a bitter chuckle.

"What are you implying jimin? To love Jihyun when you're the person I love, I think I said it clearly that day." Taehyung replied with the same smirk, his fingers coming up to his chin. Jimin sighed heavily, already knowing where this conversation is leading to.

"I don't love you, tae." Jimin didn't want to break that poor broken heart again, so he chose his words carefully. Jimin loves taehyung, not that kind of love, a different kind of love that we have for our bestfriend, and he doesn't want to lose that love or lose taehyung.

"I know." Taehyung answered with a sad smile, finally averting his eyes at jimin who instantly froze upon seeing those familiar pair of orbs. The emotion those eyes held were purely of hurting, nothing more than that. It felt like as if jimin is staring into a broken world.

"Tae......." Jimin was concerned, genuinely concerned. He knows how much this poor soul has gone through, and he has swored to him that he will never let taehyung suffer again, to never cry again. He was determined in protecting taehyung at all cost. So what happened now? In this situation he is the reason for Taehyung's sufferings. How did this happen? And why?

"I know you don't, jimin. I know you want me to move on. To fall out of love with you and fall for someone else, particularly Jihyun. I know, jimin, I know. But this heart doesn't want it. It just wants you. Remember jimin? When I said that I will marry you and you instantly said yes. See where we are now. Ironic, isn't it? At that moment I felt that you are the only one I needed, I thought I will be happy only if I will be with you. But now it doesn't seem like that." Taehyung words today felt different, he was speaking directly from his heart.

"Tae, you-" Jimin remembered all those moments, how could he not. Looking back, it definitely wasn't what they expected. It was a different time back then and a different time now.

"I love you jimin. I want to be with you. To marry you, to have a family with you. To make you happy. But I also know I am not the person that can make you happy. I understand it's him. I just want to see you happy, it doesn't matter with who. So go jimin, I am letting you go. Your crybaby bestfriend will manage. Go to your bunny boyfriend." Taehyung said, smiling at jimin, a pair of tears slipping down his cheeks.

Jimin didn't expect that. Such a beautiful confession with such a sad outcome. It wasn't okay, it didn't feel okay, didn't seem okay. But it was. For them it was Okay because that is right.

"And your silly brother loves me and I don't think so he will allow me to be with someone else. So we don't really have a choice. And I don't want to die in the hands of your boyfriend." Taehyung mentioned Jungkook with a wide smile, he stood up.

Jimin's tears couldn't stop now, they flowed down like a river, but he was smiling, smiling softly at his bestfriend. He stood up, and threw himself on the alpha, who immediately wrapped his hands around his waist. Taehyung's tears slipped down with a stoppage, he found the place to cry, Jimin's shoulder, the same place where he has crying for 18 years. It felt to good to have that place again.

"Bye now. I am going to Jihyun, can't let him slip now, can I? You should go to your bunny now. Bye chim!" Taehyung left with a last quick hug, and after paying the bill.

He has grown up.

Jimin left after collecting his things, with a smile on his face.

He didn't lose anyone.

~~~~

"Atlast he gave up. Thank God! Or else I would've punched him, honestly." Jungkook exclaimed.

"Shut up! You wouldn't have done anything like that, I wouldn't have let you." Jimin said with a chuckle, pinching Jungkook's nose.

Jimin smiled as the alpha struggled to get Jimin's hand off his nose, finally after some struggle, jimin let the alpha's nose go. Jungkook looked at jimin, both of them stared at each other and after a second bursted out laughing. Everything felt so good today, the tiniest things brought joy to both of them, the silliest things felt important.

"I will talk to my parents." Jungkook mentioned after their laughter died down, jimin just smiled at him. This time jungkook didn't have the fear, unsurety and insecurity in his voice when he meticulously about his parents. Jungkook felt like it wasn't a big deal, it wasn't like what he has thought since he was little.

Jimin made it feel so easy. It looked like small problem. Just a small step would determine everything. But the outcome might be either a heartbreak or something fruitful.

It depended on them.

~~~~

"Jungkook really thinks of us as his enemy. Why can't we still prove it to him that we are sorry? Just what are we doing wrong? Dae hyun, why does he not call me anymore? Why does he not consider me his mother?" Mrs Jeon cried out, hiding her face between her frail hands, while her husband sipped on his wine with a tensed expression.

"It's our fault, he became like this because of us. We were always wrong. It's his right to behave with us like that. After all those years of torture he has suffered. It's his right to make us suffer." Mr Jeon admitted bitterly.

"I know, I am ready to face whatever he does. But distancing himself from us, I can't do that. I can't see my own son call someone else his mother. I can't bare that. Please bring my son back, dae hyuna, please!" She begged with her tear filled eyes.

"I know you can't. But I can't do anything. Understand that. Let him come to us on his own, we can't force him. We have lost that right long ago. It all depends on him now. Let's have patience." Mr Jeon answered, embracing his wife in his arms.

"I want my son back. Please forgive us Jungkook'ah."

__________________________

Update! Liked it?

Umm.......this story is coming to an end. Yes I am ending it. Just five or four more chapters to go. Sorry but this is what I had in plan.

This is by far the least angsty story that I have written.

Bye