Smile at Hope in the Name of Despair

13 years ago

~~Maki's POV~~

"Y-Y/n?! What's wrong with you!? Hey! Answer me"!

"...What does it look like I'm doing..."?

"H-Huh"?

"I have nothing left... No family...no clan...and no friends... Everyone in this clan deserves to die in the most painful way! For what they did to me! Thanks to them..., I'm all alone...".

"No! You're wrong! You still have me Y/n! We...made a promise, remember!? We promised that we would be friends forever"!

"Friends...? Bwhahahaha! Don't make me laugh! Like I would ever be friends with you! You just a weak little girl that's just been holding me down! You're lucky that I haven't decided to kill you yet...", Y/n said with every word spitting with venom.

"Y-You're eyes...! Why...are they red...? What did they do to you!? This isn't the Y/n I know"!

"...Of course it isn't...".

Y/n then took out a knife and lifted me up by my collar...

"W-Wait...Y/n! You don't have to do this! Please just listen to me"!

Nothing was getting through her... She then raised the knife, ready to stab me. As I was ready to feel the sharp and intense pain from the knife...it never came. I opened my eyes slowly...only to see that Y/n had stabbed herself in the stomach...

"Y-Y/n...?", I said with tears in my eyes. "...Why did you"?

She then slowly looked up at me, revealing that her eyes were back to normal...

"...I'm sorry... I never meant to...scare you like this... I'm...so sorry".

"Forget about that! We need to hurry and heal that wound! C'mon! Let's go"!

"I can't do that...Even if I do go with you to get this wound healed, you'll be hurt because you wanted to save me...".

"What are you talking about..."?

"Just look around you...there are dead bodies everywhere...because of me. It wouldn't be a surprise if people came hunting me down...and I don't want you to be in the mix of all of that...".

"Y-Y/n...".

"I'm sorry...but this is goodbye...for now. Hopefully we can see each other again in the future...".

As she said that, 3 people came running to Y/n's side. As soon as they got close enough to her, I instantly recognized one of them. It was Silvia. She was a maid that had always looked after Y/n when her parents were away or when I always came over to play...

"Young Mistress!", Silvia shouted. "We need to get her out of here right away! She has a stomach wound and she's not safe here! We need to aid her ourselves"!

"Understood!", said the other two in unison.

"But ma'am... What about her?", said one person.

Silvia then looked over at me with wide eyes. "Maki... I am very sorry that you had to see everything that has happened. Please forgive me for what I am about to do... Just know that it is for your own good...".

"S-Silvia...? What do you-"?

"This is Silvia Tojo! We need the remaining clan members to be on their guard! The young Mistress has a stomach wound and needs immediate medical assistance! I need at medical clan members to be ready once we get there. Do I make myself clear!?", she said as she was talking through her ear piece.