The Finale (Pt.2) FINALE

After a few seconds, something...had awoken inside Hajime. Like a flame that's been introduced in a pitch black room... The same thing had repeated over and over in his head, "I wanted...this ending... I wanted...this..."? Almost as if, he knows deep down in his heart, that this isn't the ending that he truly wants. And thanks to that realization, Chiaki was able to get through to him with these words. "That's not it... You guys aren't part of the game, right..."? And just like that, the bright and peaceful island was transformed into a dark void...

"...Who...are you...?", Hajime asked. After he had asked that question, Chiaki had appeared before him, providing him an answer to his question...

"I'm just a part of the game...but you guys aren't, right"?

"Chiaki...is that you...? Why are you here..."?

"...Hmm, I don't know".

"Does this mean you're my memory of Chiaki? Because...you should've already disappeared...".

"..."

"...Oh well, it doesn't matter. Anyway...don't you think they're messed up? Telling us the world's going to be destroyed and to sacrifice ourselves...? There's no way I can choose... For someone like me...I'm just not able to choose...".

"..."

"Seriously...I've had enough... I'm tired of being mixed up in all this stuff I don't understand... Not only was I told that I have no talent at all, but if I get out, I'll go back to being Ultimate Despair... And on top of that...I was told I'm going to disappear too. Isn't that messed up".

"..."

"...Hey, you don't want that either, right? I mean, if we lose our memories, there won't be a single trace of your existence left. You're going to completely disappear...and none of us will ever remember you...".

"...No I won't".

"...Huh"?

"Even if I cease to "exist"... Even if you guys never remember me again... That doesn't mean I will completely disappear. As long as everyone continues to move forward toward the future we created together... I will never disappear. What I lived for, fought for, and risked my life for will still exist".

"Y-You're right but...".

"You're...probably just scared, right? Not just disappearing... You're scared of moving toward the future with such a heavy burden, right"?

"Yeah...I'm scared... I'm obviously terrified...of that...".

"How much longer are you going to be this indecisive"!?

"...Huh"!?

"Didn't you want to become someone with confidence? Isn't that why you admired Hope's Peak Academy"?

"B-But...even Hope's Peak Academy tricked me...".

"Hajime...you've had it wrong this whole time".

"...Wrong"?

"Having a talent isn't the goal. There's something much more important than whether or not you have talent, right? ...What's important is that you believe in yourself. If you can't do that... No matter how much talent you posses, you will never be confident in yourself. Just like...how you were in the past".

"Y-You... Hey, who are you? I mean...you should've already disappeared, right..."?

"But past Hajime is in the past. He's not the same Hajime who spent time with me and the others in this world. So it's going to be all right... I think it's time you finally had confidence in yourself".