It was YOU?!

Once you guys arrived at the trial room, you all took your posts to where you were assigned too. Your post was in between Chiaki and Nagito. Since no really knew how to start the class trial, you decided to start off...

"Alright guys, make sure you give it your all...your life depends on it... Now then, let's get started. For now let's start of with the crime scene". 

"Right", said Hajime. "From what we know, we know that Byakuya was stabbed underneath the table during the blackout, he had a pair of night vision goggles with him, and there was a knife with a sticky substance". 

"Oh you mean that knife that totally screams 'I AM THE MURDER WEAPON", Ibuki said. 

"Yeah". 

"Well I can confirm this now", you said. That knife isn't the murder weapon". 

"And why do you say that", Akane said. 

"Because coming from Mikan's autopsy, the murder weapon is 5mm in diameter". 

"Y-Yes, that is correct", Mikan said.

"So we can clear up and suspicion about the knife being the murder weapon then", said Hajime. "Agreed", you said. 

And with that you all moved on into the trial. In 30 minutes, you all went over who was standing before the blackout happened, the bloody table cloth that was underneath the floor boards, how you could gain access underground, why Byakuya held a party in the first place and etc.. While everyone was making their own arguments, you decided to law back and think to yourself, Let's see here...

"If Peko was in the bathroom and Nekumaru was waiting outside the bathroom, that means that they both have an alibi. If Fuyuhiko didn't come to the party and Chiaki can confirm that, that also means that Fuyuhiko has an alibi to. Chiaki already has an alibi which is Monomi. The means the only person that doesn't have an alibi is..."! You then snapped out of your thoughts... 

"Teruteru...are you the killer...", you asked.

"N-Now wait just a minute! Why are you accusing me of being the killer! Ibuki said that she heard my voice in the dinning hall so I was in the Dinning Hall the whole damn time when the black out accrued"!  

"Allow me to cut through those words!"

 "Huh...?"

"Just because we heard you in the dinner hall, doesn't mean that you were IN the dinning hall". 

"Huh? Wh-Why..."? 

"Remember the floor in the dinning hall? It was full of gaps, right? So even if you shouted from under the floor, it should have sounded like the voices in the dinning hall. Also there's also more evidence", you said with complete confidence. "And it involves the murder weapon and how you were able to move in the dark". 

"Ngh...", was what all Teruteru could say. 

"You could have used a portable stove as a light and the fire doors to block out the light so that it would reach the dinning hall. Obviously you were smart enough to not bring a light source down there cause to the gaps in the floor. So then you rapped yourself in the table cloth, took the murder weapon, waited until the Glow in the dark paint moved up then stabbed upwards".

Everyone was shocked that you figured out that he was the killer in a short amount of minutes. Of course you couldn't have done it with everyone else but you were just faster at processing things. And with that Hajime then went over everything that everyone put forth in the class trial...

"CORRECT! The killer that is responsible for Byakuya's Murder is none other than... TERUTERU HANAMURA"! 

Of course when the trial was over, everyone had questioned on why he did it and it turns out that he meant to Kill Nagito Instead because he said that he was gonna murder someone. But Teruteru killed Byakuya instead. No matter how you looked at it, killing is still killing so he was gonna kill someone none the less but I guess he did do it to protect us...I guess...

"Phuhuhuhuhu, sorry to ruin this moment but you know what time it is"! 'Oh shit... he doesn't mean...'. "That's right...it's... PUNISHMENT TIIIMMMMEEEE"! 

And with that...Teruteru was lead to his death.