Chapter 29

Kat's POV:

"Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones

Turn into something beautiful

You know, you know I love you so" _ Yellow, Coldplay

So...today was the day. Our first official concert with Oli. We had made an announcement about it on our official Twitter and Facebook account yesterday, and the response we got was amazing. So yeah. I was stressed. Even now, several hours from the time we had to go, I was just sitting on my bed, biting my nails nervously.

"Kitty, you're gonna be fine..." Ash told me tiredly for the thousandth time.

I nodded absently. Some part of me knew he was right, Oli and I had kicked ass everytime we'd sung together, but it didn't change the fact that this was bound to attract a bigger crowd than usual.

"You should go...have fun," I told him.

For once, his presence wasn't helping me. When I got stage-fright was the only time he couldn't comfort me, and I knew he hated it. I couldn't help it though. I lay back on the bed and concentrated on my breathing, trying to remember what my psychiatrist used to tell me. Breathe in. Breathe out. In. Out. Let it go. Let everything go. In. Out. In. Out. Blank walls. Blank walls filled with nothingness. An image of the Shadow Moses music video popped into my mind, the band walking out into a barren field of white nothingness. 'We're going nowhere...'

But BMTH made me think of Ol, which made me think of the concert which made me feel ill.

This was worse than a hangover. Ash took my hand and squeezed it.

"I have to go train with the band... I'll see you soon, okay? I'll be in the crowd."

"Okay."

"And don't forget the party after! We'll celebrate!" He joked and walked off.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Kat, do you want anything to eat before the show?"

Chris' voice startled me awake.

"What?"

"Oh my god, were you sleeping?" Cam asked. "I can't believe it!"

"She always sleeps when she shouldn't," Dan grumbled.

"Shut up," I told them off.

Then Chris' words hit me.

"Wait, what time is it?"

"5pm," he answered. "We have around an hour before we need to be there."

"Oh my god I feel sick," I whimpered.

"So...no food?" Dan asked jokingly.

I grumbled and took my head between my hands.

"Where's Ethan?" Paul asked as he walked into the room.

"Where do you think?" Dan answered and I could hear the smirk in his voice. "Do you see Amy anywhere?"

"Well you better go find them cause we leaving now," Paul said shortly.

He sounded almost as stressed as I felt. Chris quickly gave Ethan a call, and five minutes later he was back with Amy by the hand.

“Oh my god Kat, are you okay?” Amy asked, sounding horrified.

I guessed I must look even worse than I felt.

“Not really.”

“She gets really anxious before concerts,” Ethan filled her in quietly.