Chapter 13

Kat's POV

"There's something inside you

It's hard to explain" _ Nightcall, London Grammar

I woke up to the delicious smell of warm pancakes and honey syrup.

"Whoever made these, I love you!" I shouted despite my morning grogginess.

"Ah! You finally admit it!" Dan yelled back. "Hurry up, we're waiting for you."

By the time I joined them at the table, Dan and Cam were already halfway through their second pancake.

"Traitors!" I exclaimed, "You said you'd wait for me!"

"I'm in a hurry," Cam answered, "I have plans before the training session."

She sent me a meaningful glance and a smile stretched at my lips. Yesterday, when she'd come back from wherever she'd been hiding with Louise, Cam had told me about her. Apparently they'd dated on and off for three years, until Cam had finally moved from California to New York, where she'd met us. But they had never really broken up, so their meeting here had been unexpected, amazing and, I quote, 'explosive'. I hadn't asked exactly what she'd meant by that, not really sure I wanted to know. But it'd been long since Cam had been so excited over seeing a girl, and I was happy for her.

"Fine, I forgive you. Dan, what do you have to say in your defense?"

He sent me a puppydog-eyed look.

"Uh...I was hungry?"

"That is not good enough!" Ethan replied mightily, looking up from his phone. "You should be ashamed of yourself!"

Dan sighed deeply, and turned to me again.

"I'm truly sorry, Kat," he told me in as contrite a voice as he could manage, and it was actually quite convincing until his lips twitched and ruined the whole thing.

"I saw that!"

He laughed, and gave me the rest of his pancake.

"There, you happy?"

While eating, we discussed what we wanted to do tomorrow, when we arrived to the next tour destination. Today we were supposed to be on the road, but had stopped for a few hours, allowing the bus drivers to rest a little. SWS were playing tomorrow morning, so obviously there was that, but Cam also wanted to get her hair done, and I had planned to meet up with CC and Ash. Chris, Ethan, and Dan had apparently planned a 'guys night out', whatever that may be.

"Kat." Ethan interrupted suddenly, sounding both serious and alarmed.

We all looked over at him, surprised at his change of tone.

"When were you planning on telling us that you made out with Oli last night?"

I looked up at Chris, alarmed, but he let me know by a slight shake of the head that he hadn't told anyone about it.

"You knew!" Cam exclaimed, pointing at Chris. "Why did none of you tell us?"

She sounded genuinely hurt and I sighed.

"Because it doesn't mean anything. It was just a stupid dare. You know I'd tell you if there was anything important going on, Cam."

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Uh-huh... I have to go now, but this conversation is not over, " she warned me as she left the bus.

I turned to Ethan, frowning.