Chapter 8

Kat's POV

"And I feel

I feel so alive again" _ Feel, SWS

As soon as the song finished, I moved away from Oli. I thanked the crowd and hurriedly left the stage, in a state of complete bewilderment. What had just happened? Paul was waiting for me backstage and asked eagerly:

"Okay, what was that?"

I sighed, feeling suddenly tired.

"I don't know, Paul. I really don't."

"Well, whatever it was," came Ethan's voice as he joined us backstage, "it was fucking amazing. They loved it."

"Yup," added Cam, "think you can ask Oli to do that again next concert?"

"Uh...guys? This wasn't planned...like, at all. He just got pushed by the crowd. Never even met him before."

A snort escaped Cam and she said mockingly:

"You're kidding me. Talk about devouring someone with your eyes."

I frowned at her comment, not sure whether she was talking about him or me, and finally shrugged it off. Whatever she meant, it wasn't true. We'd just sung together.

"Anyway, we have to try that again," said Chris matter-of-factly.

Paul nodded, saying he'd give BMTH's tour manager a call.

Then I heard Ashley's voice call out as he struggled through security.

"Kitty? Goddamit, I'm a friend. Let me in!"

They finally let him through and he ran up to me, taking me to the side.

"Kitty are you okay? I swear to God I'm gonna find that guy and--"

I cut him off midsentence.

"Ash. Ash! I'm fine."

He frowned and looked at me in the eyes for a long time before nodding.

"Okay."

He looked reassured but a bit confused and, to be honest, so was I. I mean, last time I'd seen Oli, I'd just freaked out. But I guess as long as he was just singing, he was still my saviour, my flawless hero. God, that duet...I didn't know. It wasn't like anything I'd ever done before, and I didn't really know what to think.

Dan's voice pulled me out of my rêverie.

"Hey guys! This was awesome! Loved the duet Kat, though you could have given us a heads-up. but I mean, the people here--"

He suddenly stopped talking as he realized everyone was staring at him. Finally Chris broke the silence.

"Dan? You know, it's cool to give out some of your stuff to the fans after the concert, like your pick, your bottle or your towel... Even your tee-shirt sometimes," he added, stealing a glance at shirtless Ash, "but your belts? Man, that's just wrong."

We all looked for a moment at Dan's waistband, his pants desperately clinging to his hips and menacing to fall with each second that passed. Then Ash went over to Dan and put an arm over his shoulder, a smirk on the face.

"Awww, don't you be mean to him. The poor guy's still new at this. Come on, I'll give you some tips."

We all burst out laughing as Dan stared at Ash in vexed astonishement.

Paul came back a few minutes later.

"What did BMTH's tour manager say?" asked Chris.

"She'll have to see with Oli, and then, if he agrees, we'll talk it over together. And now come on, we have to go back to the bus. We're leaving in one hour for the next Warped destination."

"I was kinda wondering," said Dan as we made our way back to the bus, "I'd heard a lot about the Warped parties, but there hasn't been one yet..."

"Dude, it's only been like, two days," I laughed.

"No he's right," Ashley replied. "Actually there was supposed to be one today, but then it was decided that we were moving tonight and not in the morning, so it got pushed to the day after tomorrow."

"Who's hosting?" Cam asked.

Ash shrugged.

"Some new band, I think it's called The Storm. Anyway they're on really good terms with PTV and SWS, who invited basically everyone out there. It's gonna be huge," he said, and he had that boyish this-is-gonna-be-awesome-I-just-can't-wait smile on his face.

Ash then left us to go find his bandmembers, saying they probably missed him like hell. I laughed and waved him off. We got back to our bus and stayed up late at night, drinking and having fun and watching Supernatural.

                                                        -----------------------------------------------

Oh god Kat is so confused :)

Who's excited for Oli playing concerts with Shattered Dreams? Who's excited for the partyyy? I AM.

Do you guys know Supernatural? If you don't, GO WATCH IT. Dean is bae <3

Anyway, look forward to the next chap, it's gonna get good ;)

Love you! Bye bye

_ Othilia